Hello from sunny Spain!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

von1068

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Von (Yvonne) and I live in Andalucia, Spain. My town is Cullar, and the area is the Altiplano de Granada :)
I have had miniatures for around 8 years now, I have British Spotted miniatures, a British Miniature, a Caspian x Arab miniature and a Caspian/Arab x Falabella! Oh and an Assino de Miranda (Portuguese long eared donkey).
I will over the next few days add some pictures of my motley crew, and ask some questions. In particular one for my very poorly 3 year old colt (in my avatar) .IMG_3545.jpg
For now a picture showing the motorway to my place ;)

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your crew. People here like to help others so you came to the right place.

Welcome to the forum Von! :D Spain looks beautiful! A different kind of beauty than I’m used to here in Pennsylvania, USA. Can’t wait to see more pictures of your minis!

I have some very novice questions about registration. So, a couple of years ago I "inherited" a little stallion when neighbors had a violent domestic dispute and police made them disband all their animals as it was a hoarding situation as well. They live behind us. I shared equipment and hay many times rather than see their animals suffer. They walked over a very elderly, very sickly pony and this miniature stallion they apparently had purchased. (Horse rescue wouldn't take the old guy and he and the stallion were bonded friends). They just handed their leads to me and left! At the time she said the mini had papers but that the rescue took them as the intended to come get him after the old guy died. Well, it only takes me a few minutes to fall in love with almost any animal so I kept him and rescue was fine with that. So for two years this neighbor lied to me about the papers. She dumped off two big roosters tonight AND the stallions papers. In looking them over, it appears the stallion (name is Volt) has a Temporary Certificate of Registration with the AMHA and is Parentage Qualified. Both parents and two of his grand parents were DNA tested.He was foaled on 6/10/2015 and the certificate was validuntil 06/10/2018. Also included in his papers was a Transfer Report and/or Bill of Sale Height Certification. It was filled out on May 6, 2017 and he measured 30" at the time. The buyer (my neighbor) never completed anything on the form. Is it too late to do anything now? If not, what steps should I take?

Latest posts

Back