Hello from Scotland...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh, October seems a long time away when waiting, potentially, for a new pony! I find it hard sometimes to wait for the microwave!

I personally have no idea how to load photos onto these postings, but I sure enjoy those who do post, and hope you are able to let us see your new equine partner when he/she arrives.

Gosh, October seems a long time away when waiting, potentially, for a new pony! I find it hard sometimes to wait for the microwave!

I personally have no idea how to load photos onto these postings, but I sure enjoy those who do post, and hope you are able to let us see your new equine partner when he/she arrives.
One may come sooner, depends what's available. She'll be going up to Aberbeenshire in October, not England - my mistake...
default_blush.png

If and when I get something, then photos will be forthcoming.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!

Now, just so you know, there will be a 'herd' of us sitting here waiting to see your new buddy!

No pressure!
default_biggrin.png

Aberbeenshire? Fun to learn about places far away. The closest I will ever get to Scotland is my Antartex lambskin winter coat, inherited from a lovely elderly lady. It weighs as much as a small child, but it sure is fabulous for our bitter winter weather!

Okay, change of plan... I ended up buying a coloured cob yearling filly from the horse trader. It'll make about 14.2 hands, so no longer a miniature horse. She's got the most amazing blue eyes! I bought her yesterday morning (Saturday, 30th July 2016). When I first saw her, she looked like a 'Tilly', so the name stuck. So Tilly she is!
default_smile.png

She's on the left in the last photo, along with her three year old sister beside her.

DSCN0290a.JPG

DSCN0292a.JPG

DSCN0307a.JPG

DSCN0300a.JPG

Bit of a turn-around, but she's darling, and I hope she turns out to be all you want.

It is a bit of a turn around, but I think it was the right choice.
default_smile.png

Some people don't like blue eyes on a horse or dog, but I think it makes them look 'one in a million'.
default_smile.png

Wow, she's a nice looking girl! Course, I like Cobs (never had one - out of our price ranges here) and pintos and mares.... ROFLOL!!

Well, you can still tell us about her as you do things and ask ??s, too.

Congratulations on your new purchase.

Congratulations , I love her and I love the blue eyes too.

Shes going to grow into a lovely mare for you
default_smile.png

Do you have any plans for her yet ?

Do you have any plans for her yet ?
Not at the moment, other than building her general condition up. Apparently, she and her sister came from a field with very little grass coverage. The dealer bought her and her sister on Friday afternoon, brought them down from a place called Tillicoultry in Clackmannanshire. They were both in a poor condition, so the dealer has been feeding them supplements, good quality hay and lots of TLC! We should have the farrier out this week to sort their hooves out as they are overgrown, no signs of laminitis thankfully.

Once their feet have been sorted, there's a nice field full of good quality grass waiting for them both...

I called her Tilly before I even knew she came from Tillicoultry, so I must be psychic!
default_wink.png

The farrier did a great job on her and her sister's feet yesterday and they are now both out in a field, what a difference a week of TLC makes!
default_thumbup.gif

I just thought I'd update you all...

I've had Tilly for a wee while now and I'll like to show you the difference a little TLC can have.
default_wink.png

The top photograph was taken back in late July this year, you can see her ribs poking through her coat. The last photograph was taken today with her winter coat on show.

I think the difference is obvious.
default_smile.png

DSCN0304.JPG

DSC_0020a.JPG

Latest posts

Back