Hello from SC

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragon Hill

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been reading this forum off and on for years, so I decided it was time to join. I fell in love with the Hyperbike (after first thinking it was the funniest looking thing I've ever seen) when I watched a Youtube video of a kid barrel racing his miniature horse with one. I used this forum to help me decide if I should buy one. I finally was able to get one last year along with a new harness from Chimacum. So thank you to everyone here that discussed the pros and cons of various carts and especially the Hyperbike in particular.
My now 23 year old mini mare loves it and her custom harness (our first). And thank you MindyShroder for all your videos about balancing your Hyperbike.

Welcome! I hope to learn to drive sometime! I have seen the hyperbikes. How experienced does one need to be when going from a cart to a hyperbike? I have some rugged terrain with a lot of tree roots etc.

Well, I still don't know what I'm doing. Lots of horse experience, very little driving experience. I hooked up my mare the first time in 2006 after visiting the Kentucky Horse Park, where I watched a miniature horse drill team so I would have an idea of where all those straps went. A nylon harness and a Jerald easy entry cart. Same little mare. She's tolerated all my mistakes. I bought the Hyperbike because there is very little flat land where I live, plus it's light weight, so hopefully my mare will be able keep putting up with me. Learning to get on and off the Hyperbike is the biggest challenge. Before I had the stirrups adjusted right I actually managed to get my shorts tangled getting off and fell. My little mare didn't move, although I'm sure she was wondering how I managed to through myself on the ground. But before you think there must be something wrong with me, I've only driven about a dozen or so times in all these years. Family, farm, and work make it hard to find time.
Thank you for the welcome.

Her name is Que Paso, she's registered. She was a kids pony and broodmare before I got her. She was trained to drive by kids. She's a pain to harness and put to as she was never taught to stand still. I'm working on it, I still have to ground drive her a little before I can get in my cart. Once going she's a rock.
Many years ago a friend came over with her cart and we hooked Que Paso and another mare I had at the time up. The other mare got spooked and tried to bolt and I jumped out of my cart and ran over and helped my friend. The mare and my friend were fine, her cart's shafts folded though. Only then did I worry what Que Paso did after I jumped out. The little mare went over to the feed shed and parked herself in front of the door.
So between that, the fact she puts up with all my mistakes, and that she can go years without being driven and it doesn't matter, she's priceless to me.QuePaso.jpg

Latest posts

Back