Hello from Pennsylvania

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvminis5

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in SE Pennsylvania. I have 5 minis rescued from the New Holland auction. Our first mare was pregnant when we rescued her so I also have a foal, 15 year old 9 hand former stallion, 6 year old mare who was almost starved to death and a new 10 year old gelding who is not sure about humans. I love them so much and am outraged at their conditions when I got them and will provide them with a great life. I look forward to learning and sharing with you. 07BBFDA3-37A5-42CF-8B45-F517FC529AAD.jpeg

Attachments

• 8BE8D971-852E-451D-8C63-3D7E3FB3FF95.jpeg
    8BE8D971-852E-451D-8C63-3D7E3FB3FF95.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 062425E2-7C6D-493B-A24A-0E4E65F0F29C.jpeg
    062425E2-7C6D-493B-A24A-0E4E65F0F29C.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 10
It's always interesting to see the different fencing in different parts of the world. Yours looks substantial and attractive.
I have never truly rescued a horse before, though I have purchased some out of less than ideal conditions. I did harbor a neglected horse one time, leaving an affidavit at the sheriff's dept that she was in my custody. Almost got involved in a lawsuit.
Your horses look contented and seem to be getting along together. Looking forward to hearing more about them.

Oops! Looks like a fat fingered a screen shot I took for a possible trip to Ocala. 😂. Not meant to be an advertisement!!

I used horse rail and absolutely love it. The horses rub up against it and no splinters, it gives a little bit if they overshoot the mark when running around and the grass is always greener of course so they stick their heads through it without worrying about getting stuck or hurt.Any actions to help abused and neglected horses is wonderful and confronting someone and taking action is truly noble.I definitely have a cast of characters and we’re adding one more so the little gelding has a friend.

Welcome to Miniature Horse Talk. Enjoy the forum. Thanks for sharing a nice photo of your beautiful horses and green grass-covered land. Yes, your fence looks nice and sturdy. Possibly one of those polymer-formulated rail flexes?

Welcome All of your minis are so lucky you recused them. They look very content. I'm looking forward to hear more about them and you new one coming in. :)

Welcome also Trhewett! The minis in your avatar sure are cute! You have quite a herd of critters to care for!

Luvminis5 and Trhewett what activities do you enjoy with your horses? You’ll find a wide variety of activities on this forum for sure! 😊

Welcome also Trhewett! The minis in your avatar sure are cute! You have quite a herd of critters to care for!

Luvminis5 and Trhewett what activities do you enjoy with your horses? You’ll find a wide variety of activities on this forum for sure! 😊
I am currently taking lessons from a trainer on ground work. My minis came to me tame and well mannered. I would like to start doing some agility, trick and cart training but wanted to understand basic care and ground work first.

Luvminis5, I too am appreciative of your property and fences. Seems like your little, and growing, herd is doing well in their new home.

I'm also in south-east North Carolina. Trhewett, where are you? I'm in Silver City/Raeford. Maybe we're not too far from each other!

Right now they are not working and probably won’t work. The almost two year old mare needs ground manners and has turned into a sassy preteen.She would actually be a beautiful show mini. I would like to see what they can learn to do with simple tricks and patterns just to have them challenged a little. Two of them probably were cart driven. This is my newest rescue. We think he may be from the same bad farm as our other gelding. He is so skittish and nervous. His halter was imbedded in his face before and he has chewing issues and never had his teeth done until recently. He is estimated to be 10 years old. We will be introducing him to the rest of our mini herd this week. 6CE5CD18-F19A-4213-9AC5-F713320B9D34.jpeg

Luvminis5, I too am appreciative of your property and fences. Seems like your little, and growing, herd is doing well in their new home.

I'm also in south-east North Carolina. Trhewett, where are you? I'm in Silver City/Raeford. Maybe we're not too far from each other!
Well hello neighbor!! I am in Bolivia NC. It looks like we are about 2 hours from each other!!

Latest posts

Back