Hello from pa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am a new owner to a mini mare. I haven't had horses since i was a teen. It's very hard to find a vet for a mini here. My normal vet did do her vaccines, but was no help for possibly pregnancy, or even how much to feed her. At the time of the vet visit i didn't really think she was pregnant.

I purchased Daisy in March of this year. At the home i got her from she was in a pasture 24/7 with a uncut mini donkey and a mini stallion for over 18 months. She is 17 years old and had at least one baby previously ( with owners years ago that i never met). Around the end of may i suddenly noticed that her udders were visible when i was walking up to her. When i got her i did know that her udders were up tight to her abdomen. The udders continue to grow, but aren't huge. For awhile it seemed to bulge in front of the udder, now that has moved into the actual udder. Some times i swear i see movement, but then seems like breathing. Lately her vulva looks swollen by the end of the day, then more normal by morning. Im truly driving myself crazy. Any advice would be great. I am trying to find a vet. I have googled and read every thread on here that i could and you all seem yo really know your stuff.

Attachments

• 20220627_114122~2.jpg
    20220627_114122~2.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220806_151846~2.jpg
    20220806_151846~2.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220806_151918.jpg
    20220806_151918.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220806_155349.jpg
    20220806_155349.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Welcome kcsmini and welcome back to the horse world! Daisy is a pretty mare and I love her name! Great photos!

I think if you could repost this in the pregnancy and foaling thread, you will get more responses. You are right, there is a ton of experience here!

Nutrition and feeding is a topic that pops up often so don’t hesitate to start a thread in the Miniature Horse Forum!

Welcome kcsmini and welcome back to the horse world! Daisy is a pretty mare and I love her name! Great photos!

I think if you could repost this in the pregnancy and foaling thread, you will get more responses. You are right, there is a ton of experience here!

Nutrition and feeding is a topic that pops up often so don’t hesitate to start a thread in the Miniature Horse Forum!
Thanks! I did ask there, no answers yet. Hoping for help soon🤞

I suggest you pm one of the moderatorsof the foaling group and bring up your concerns. Not all check into the forum regularly. You are looking for some real guidance here. Not every vet can do ultra sound on large animals. Hopefully one of those experts will reply soon. It's exciting but also nerve wracking, waiting for a foal. Does daisy seem calm and sensible? (I love her name!)

Daisy is SO cute! I had never owned minis either until recently and everyone here has been really helpful!! I hope you are able to get the answers you need! There really is some great information and knowledgeable people on this forum!

I suggest you pm one of the moderatorsof the foaling group and bring up your concerns. Not all check into the forum regularly. You are looking for some real guidance here. Not every vet can do ultra sound on large animals. Hopefully one of those experts will reply soon. It's exciting but also nerve wracking, waiting for a foal. Does daisy seem calm and sensible? (I love her name!)
Not sure how to pm moderators. Daisy is about as relaxed, calm and sensible as they come. I did get a lead in a vet! Waiting for a call back, finally getting some where. I am truly looking for some guidance.

Daisy is SO cute! I had never owned minis either until recently and everyone here has been really helpful!! I hope you are able to get the answers you need! There really is some great information and knowledgeable people on this forum!
I have read so much on this forum, even before purchasing her! It's so helpful. Good luck with your mini. They are so much fun.

Not sure how to pm moderators. Daisy is about as relaxed, calm and sensible as they come. I did get a lead in a vet! Waiting for a call back, finally getting some where. I am truly looking for some guidance.
Find a post from one of the experienced posters and click on his name. It will take you to a link where you can message him.

Welcome @kcsminiandkids ! Daisy is a real darling, such a cutie! I see what you're saying and had exactly the same experience with a maiden mare of mine this summer. I knew she was bred though. But she looked and developed exactly like what you're describing and showing in the pictures. My question is, Mini horse or Mini MULE??!!! 🥰

Welcome @kcsminiandkids ! Daisy is a real darling, such a cutie! I see what you're saying and had exactly the same experience with a maiden mare of mine this summer. I knew she was bred though. But she looked and developed exactly like what you're describing and showing in the pictures. My question is, Mini horse or Mini MULE??!!! 🥰
Any foal would be great, but a mule would be soooo cool!

Latest posts

Back