Hello from Moe and Harley

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkona76

Reaction score
Morning,
Thank you for having this site. I have had my 2 minis Moe and Harley for quite a few years now. They helped get me through stage 3 breast cancer. I am now going through a separation and divorce from a bad marriage. I live in western North Carolina but once the divorce process goes through I am moving to Colorado. I am finding that Colorado is a lot more expensive than NC, I have family there and want to be around my family. I don’t think I am going to be able to have the horses with me but I don’t want to give them up here in NC. Moe is trained to ride and drive and Harley is sweet but because of my health I am still in the basic training with him. I use Clinton Anderson methods. I have been in the process of training Moe to be a therapy horse and I think he will make an excellent therapy mini. I am trying to figure out if there is a therapeutic riding facility in Colorado that would like these guys and maybe do some kind of lease to use these two sweet boys, and yet not loose them totally from my life they mean so much to me. 5C57097D-BE20-4F79-BA82-C44C7A63F804.jpeg

Welcome bkona! Sorry you are having to go through this and can see why you want to keep these two cuties. The only other thing I can think of to try since one of them drives is to see if there is a driving club where you plan to go and contact them. Maybe they might have some ideas about leasing or boarding for you because of their connections where you can continue your training. I am going to pray for the perfect situation to open up for you and these two!

Welcome bkona! Sorry you are having to go through this and can see why you want to keep these two cuties. The only other thing I can think of to try since one of them drives is to see if there is a driving club where you plan to go and contact them. Maybe they might have some ideas about leasing or boarding for you because of their connections where you can continue your training. I am going to pray for the perfect situation to open up for you and these two!
Thank you for the ideas and prayers!! I will have to look into your idea of driving clubs in Colorado

Hi, welcome to this forum. Your boys are so cute. Hopefully someone is in Colorado on here and might have ideas for you.
I'm sorry you are going through what you mentioned.

They are precious!! Sorry to hear about your divorce but I hope it’s a positive move for you. Colorado is amazing, I hope you will like it.

The therapy work sounds promising, as do the driving clubs. Fingers crossed for you and your babies!

EBB2DFF4-B6C2-4DF6-B6C2-EF2C27DA643B.png
Beautiful boys!! Forget Colorado and move to TX! I’m always having to trim my family tree 🤣🤣 and I am looking for new family members!! So move to TX, you got family here! 😍

PS. You could always drop your cuties off to me!!! I’d love to have them 💕💕

Last edited:
Hi @bkona76, Very sorry to hear about your tough times. These seem to hit us all at times through our lives.

Where (in general) are you moving to here in Colorado?
Colorado is definitely horse country, big and little!

There are MANY horse boarding facilities everywhere, even within the Denver city limits.
But, they can definitely be expensive.

Some of our neighbors who have spare corral and shelter space do private boarding, which tends to be a little cheaper. They are all full up, but that is definitely an option to look into when you get here.

We know of some training facilities that train both visitation and service mini's but I don't think they do boarding.
Around us (Castle Rock/Parker/Elizabeth) there are at least 3 human/equine therapy facilities, but they are all using big horses. But, it would not hurt to ask.

You should be able to locate all of these with some online searches.

You could have your family post some 'searching for' requests in their Nextdoor region also. someone local to where you are going may have more specific ideas for options in that area.

Wishing you all the best!
Robert

Hello, welcome. They're so cute. Sorry to read about your situation. Hope someone shows up with all the answers.

Hello bkona76! Moe and Harley look awfully sweet, especially in their festive blankets. You have put in good training time with them. Robert’s suggestion of perhaps a private farm is a good one. We don’t board but when asked we have helped out with boarding horses from time to time.

I don’t have Facebook but is there some sort of Facebook animal need site where you could post an inquiry?

Hugs and prayers for a smoother road ahead.

Latest posts

Back