Hello from KY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

candycar

Hi all you wonderful LB forum members!

I have been lurking on this forum for about 4 years now, and thought I'd finally join. I have to tell ya, everything I have learned about minis has come from the LB site and forum. Thank You all so much!

I have shared in your pain and joy, love the way you take care of each other, and welcome new people. I probably won't have much advice for anybody, however I can give heartfelt congrats, and sympathy where needed.

After 20 years in the USAF, both my husband and I retired to Kentucky in 2001. I finally got my childhood pony wish four years ago when I bought Jelly Bean (nee; Gypsy Delight) my 1st mini! She was 14 months old, and I was 45! We had to make some fast adjustments to our yard- fence and build a small stall for her. We learned alot together, now she knows many tricks, and loves to perform. Last April, after much thought and a stall addition, we got her a friend, Lexy (nee; Midnight Lexus). Now they are both 5 and the reason I get up every morning. We don't show, or breed - just love the little ones.

This summer we plan on teaching Jelly Bean to drive, so that may bring up a few questions for the forum. Here are my girls

th_MVC-005F.jpg
Jelly Bean
th_MVC-011F.jpg
Lexy

I,m still trying to figure out the photobucket thing, Can't seem to get them to come up bigger! Any advice?
default_wacko.png

Hi welcome from NJ former lurker to the forum
default_saludando.gif

you've been around longer than I have here

your girls are very pretty

so glad you decided to join

I don't have to tell you how valuable this place is I'm sure you know

again a long overdue welcome

Lori

default_saludando.gif
Hello and welcome from NW Louisiana and I too thought I lurked around for a long time ... I guess not! Pretty girls! I have a little silver dapple yearling filly about 27" and love those silver dapples.

I know what you mean about the photo bucket deal ... it took me forever to post a few pics last night but finally got them on here, I'm still not sure how though!

WElcome to the forum, here are your pics larger

MVC-005F.jpg

MVC-011F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to meet you!!!

Welcome from Ohio..(near Dayton)....
default_saludando.gif

Welcome, from sunshiney Central Florida.
default_saludando.gif

Your mares are GORGEOUS!
default_wub.png

Hello candycar, Lexy & Jellybean............... Welcome from Taylorsville Ky about 30 minutes from Louisville....... Lee & I got into the mini's in Ohio about three years before he retired from the Air Force after 21 years......... We moved to Ky in 89 but I was born & raised in Pike County KY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!!
default_saludando.gif

I'm glad you joined! You have nice mares.
default_yes.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing you post.

Robin

Welcome from western NC! We love silver dapples! We named our farm after a gorgeous silver dapple mare we had. Great people in KY-we have lots of friends up there! Glad to add one more
default_smile.png

thank you all so much for the welcome.
default_biggrin.png

Gizzmoe, wonderful thanks for making the pics bigger! I'm going to mess with photobucket today and figure out how to get them bigger on the upload. :DOH!

Cathy H and Jleonard, since you're so "close" I hope to meet you some day, we don't get out much!

A huge welcome from Maine
default_aktion033.gif
I love Kentucky, My son is going to college At Western Kentucky University - I visit him every chance I get! Your minis are lovely!

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

Latest posts

Back