Hello from KY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

C

candycar

Hi all you wonderful LB forum members!

I have been lurking on this forum for about 4 years now, and thought I'd finally join. I have to tell ya, everything I have learned about minis has come from the LB site and forum. Thank You all so much!

I have shared in your pain and joy, love the way you take care of each other, and welcome new people. I probably won't have much advice for anybody, however I can give heartfelt congrats, and sympathy where needed.

After 20 years in the USAF, both my husband and I retired to Kentucky in 2001. I finally got my childhood pony wish four years ago when I bought Jelly Bean (nee; Gypsy Delight) my 1st mini! She was 14 months old, and I was 45! We had to make some fast adjustments to our yard- fence and build a small stall for her. We learned alot together, now she knows many tricks, and loves to perform. Last April, after much thought and a stall addition, we got her a friend, Lexy (nee; Midnight Lexus). Now they are both 5 and the reason I get up every morning. We don't show, or breed - just love the little ones.

This summer we plan on teaching Jelly Bean to drive, so that may bring up a few questions for the forum. Here are my girls

Jelly Bean
Lexy

I,m still trying to figure out the photobucket thing, Can't seem to get them to come up bigger! Any advice?

eagles ring farm

Reaction score
Hi welcome from NJ former lurker to the forum

you've been around longer than I have here

your girls are very pretty

so glad you decided to join

I don't have to tell you how valuable this place is I'm sure you know

again a long overdue welcome

Lori

K Sera

Reaction score
from a little place in the South to Mid Michigan
Hello and welcome from NW Louisiana and I too thought I lurked around for a long time ... I guess not! Pretty girls! I have a little silver dapple yearling filly about 27" and love those silver dapples.

I know what you mean about the photo bucket deal ... it took me forever to post a few pics last night but finally got them on here, I'm still not sure how though!

Gizzmoe

Reaction score
WElcome to the forum, here are your pics larger

Last edited by a moderator:

CyndiD

Reaction score
Nice to meet you!!!

Welcome from Ohio..(near Dayton)....

SWA

Reaction score
Welcome, from sunshiney Central Florida.

Your mares are GORGEOUS!

Cathy_H

Reaction score
Hello candycar, Lexy & Jellybean............... Welcome from Taylorsville Ky about 30 minutes from Louisville....... Lee & I got into the mini's in Ohio about three years before he retired from the Air Force after 21 years......... We moved to Ky in 89 but I was born & raised in Pike County KY.

Last edited by a moderator:

REO

Reaction score
Welcome!!

I'm glad you joined! You have nice mares.

I'm looking forward to seeing you post.

Robin

Suzie

Reaction score
Welcome from western NC! We love silver dapples! We named our farm after a gorgeous silver dapple mare we had. Great people in KY-we have lots of friends up there! Glad to add one more

C

candycar

thank you all so much for the welcome.

Gizzmoe, wonderful thanks for making the pics bigger! I'm going to mess with photobucket today and figure out how to get them bigger on the upload. :DOH!

Cathy H and Jleonard, since you're so "close" I hope to meet you some day, we don't get out much!

sundancer

Reaction score
A huge welcome from Maine
I love Kentucky, My son is going to college At Western Kentucky University - I visit him every chance I get! Your minis are lovely!

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

Latest posts