''Hello'' from a Newbie!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissysMum

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
default_saludando.gif

I have lurked here for a while but never plucked up the courage to sign up until now! I currently own a lovely 11hh 'Dartmoor hill pony' called 'Missy', which isn't a miniature by breed but she is fairly mini! (Not sure if that counts or is allowed
default_ohnoes.jpg
)

I originally bought her to do showing with and to drive but when I got her she was completely untouched and very nervous so we had to work on getting her used to people and bringing her on.

Her first picture:

Missy014_zps9d520a8b.jpg

And a more recent one (5 months on):

1689864_1398337813755480_26690164_n_zps61e2a068.jpg

She has come on so far in such a short amount of time and I am very proud of her. She's very gentle and although still quite timid, she is happy to go on walks through the village and be groomed for hours on end!
default_firstprize.gif

I hope you let me post on this forum as I really do enjoy reading all your posts and seeing your lovely ponies.
default_pray.gif

Have a fantastic evening and I look forward to reading your replies.

All the best, Sammy and Missy
default_hypocrite.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! You are more than welcome here. Except for what I've read, I know little of English ponies, but Dartmoors are one of my favorites.

Welcome! You are more than welcome here. Except for what I've read, I know little of English ponies, but Dartmoors are one of my favorites.
Thank you very much! She's not a 'proper' dartmoor, she is a dartmoor hill pony which is basically a mix breed of ponies which roam the moors down in dartmoor. However, she is very small and I figured she may fit in here..
default_thumbup.gif

Hi Missy's Mum, just sending you a warm welcome from Wales. I love your Missy - she's soooooooooooooo cute, plus her colouring is very unusual even for a hill pony. Looking forward to hearing more about her and you.
default_yes.gif

Hello and welcome from Ireland , what beautiful pinto markings she has and I adore blue eyes

Hi! Welcome from Kentucky!
default_saludando.gif
I also lurked for a long time before joining this forum. You will be happy you did! They are the best! I can see the difference in Missy, her eyes and face are much softer in the last pic.

Hi MissysMum!! Welcome from Virginia!! Missy is beautiful I love her markings! You will love it here everyone is so kind and helpful when you have questions or just need some advice!
default_smile.png

Welcome from North Carolina!

What a pretty girl, but then I'm partial to pinto markings and she's quite the "splashy" girl w/ the extra "dots" and blue eyes. Looking forward to hearing more from you about Missy's progress. What are your plans for her? Driving, riding for smaller family members/friends or just your companion? I have several shetlands in the size range she is - very nice size.

Hi and welcome from sunny Arizona! Looks like you are doing a great job with her!

Welcome from frozen New York! She is a beauty and I hope you have fun with her. Keep us posted.

Hello from windy Nebraska! I am a newbie here as well, and everyone is soooo willing to provide advice & stimulating conversation. Missy is adorable! Can't wait to "see" your progress!

-Megan

default_saludando.gif
WELCOME Sammy & Missy!
default_saludando.gif

Nice to meet you! I'm glad you decided to jump in and join us!
default_cheers.gif

Welcome to LB and the world of minis from Virginia, USA! Your new little girl is a cutie and so colorful
default_yes.gif

Thank you everyone! Wow, you're all so friendly! :)

Here are some photo's from this week!

1779302_1399578280298100_855497223_n_zpsad13a9f1.jpg

5d311848-3990-47f3-9dc4-0b8174ccb30d_zpsb5bd590f.jpg

1551562_1399597943629467_646223937_n_zpsccd25e97.jpg

Great pictures Sammy - she really is a pretty girl and very lucky to have found someone like you to love and care for her.
default_yes.gif

Looking at the beautiful stone walls in the pics I would guess that you either live in the Dales or in the South West - Devon/Cornwall - maybe near Dartmoor somewhere??

Do you have other horses in the family or other animals, would love to hear about them if you feel like telling us.
default_yes.gif

Great pictures Sammy - she really is a pretty girl and very lucky to have found someone like you to love and care for her.
default_yes.gif

Looking at the beautiful stone walls in the pics I would guess that you either live in the Dales or in the South West - Devon/Cornwall - maybe near Dartmoor somewhere??

Do you have other horses in the family or other animals, would love to hear about them if you feel like telling us.
default_yes.gif
Yep! Yorkshire dales! :D

Thank you for the lovely comments
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back