''Hello'' from a Newbie!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

MissysMum

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have lurked here for a while but never plucked up the courage to sign up until now! I currently own a lovely 11hh 'Dartmoor hill pony' called 'Missy', which isn't a miniature by breed but she is fairly mini! (Not sure if that counts or is allowed
)

I originally bought her to do showing with and to drive but when I got her she was completely untouched and very nervous so we had to work on getting her used to people and bringing her on.

Her first picture:

And a more recent one (5 months on):

She has come on so far in such a short amount of time and I am very proud of her. She's very gentle and although still quite timid, she is happy to go on walks through the village and be groomed for hours on end!

I hope you let me post on this forum as I really do enjoy reading all your posts and seeing your lovely ponies.

Have a fantastic evening and I look forward to reading your replies.

All the best, Sammy and Missy

Last edited by a moderator:

chandab

Reaction score
Welcome! You are more than welcome here. Except for what I've read, I know little of English ponies, but Dartmoors are one of my favorites.

MissysMum

Reaction score
Welcome! You are more than welcome here. Except for what I've read, I know little of English ponies, but Dartmoors are one of my favorites.
Thank you very much! She's not a 'proper' dartmoor, she is a dartmoor hill pony which is basically a mix breed of ponies which roam the moors down in dartmoor. However, she is very small and I figured she may fit in here..

AnnaC

Reaction score
Hi Missy's Mum, just sending you a warm welcome from Wales. I love your Missy - she's soooooooooooooo cute, plus her colouring is very unusual even for a hill pony. Looking forward to hearing more about her and you.

supaspot

Reaction score
Hello and welcome from Ireland , what beautiful pinto markings she has and I adore blue eyes

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome from Kentucky!
I also lurked for a long time before joining this forum. You will be happy you did! They are the best! I can see the difference in Missy, her eyes and face are much softer in the last pic.

misty'smom

Reaction score
Hi MissysMum!! Welcome from Virginia!! Missy is beautiful I love her markings! You will love it here everyone is so kind and helpful when you have questions or just need some advice!

paintponylvr

Reaction score
Welcome from North Carolina!

What a pretty girl, but then I'm partial to pinto markings and she's quite the "splashy" girl w/ the extra "dots" and blue eyes. Looking forward to hearing more from you about Missy's progress. What are your plans for her? Driving, riding for smaller family members/friends or just your companion? I have several shetlands in the size range she is - very nice size.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Hi and welcome from sunny Arizona! Looks like you are doing a great job with her!

lucky seven

Reaction score
Welcome from frozen New York! She is a beauty and I hope you have fun with her. Keep us posted.

poniesrule

Reaction score
Hello from windy Nebraska! I am a newbie here as well, and everyone is soooo willing to provide advice & stimulating conversation. Missy is adorable! Can't wait to "see" your progress!

-Megan

REO

Reaction score
WELCOME Sammy & Missy!

Nice to meet you! I'm glad you decided to jump in and join us!

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to LB and the world of minis from Virginia, USA! Your new little girl is a cutie and so colorful

MissysMum

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! Wow, you're all so friendly! :)

Here are some photo's from this week!

AnnaC

Reaction score
Great pictures Sammy - she really is a pretty girl and very lucky to have found someone like you to love and care for her.

Looking at the beautiful stone walls in the pics I would guess that you either live in the Dales or in the South West - Devon/Cornwall - maybe near Dartmoor somewhere??

Do you have other horses in the family or other animals, would love to hear about them if you feel like telling us.

MissysMum

Reaction score
Great pictures Sammy - she really is a pretty girl and very lucky to have found someone like you to love and care for her.

Looking at the beautiful stone walls in the pics I would guess that you either live in the Dales or in the South West - Devon/Cornwall - maybe near Dartmoor somewhere??

Do you have other horses in the family or other animals, would love to hear about them if you feel like telling us.
Yep! Yorkshire dales! :D

Thank you for the lovely comments

Latest posts