Hello form the Pacific North West! (Also show questions)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stripe13

Reaction score
Hello! I come from Washington state, and I have two minis. Jessica, who’s a black and white pinto and her daughter, Rebel (also a black and white pinto).
I’ve been showing Jessica in 4H and WAHSET for some years now. I’ve had her and her daughter for about 6 years now, and I absolutely love my minis! I ride and own regular horses as well, but there’s just something about them that makes me like them all the much more.
I’ve trained Rebel from a baby, and she was first shown last year in in-hand horse relay. She did fantastic!

I’m hoping to start showing in AMHR and Pinto shows next year with Jessica, but I’ve never been to a mini show before. Anyone have any tips? I’m also planning to buy a smaller mini for AMHA shows sometime in the future.
One question I have is that I always see minis being set “parked out” while in halter. Is this necessary? Jessica can do it, however I think she looks better set squarely since she has more of a stock horse body build. What method should I use?

Thank you!

this is Jessica
A922D3B3-D1E2-456E-AFE5-099881B67DA1.jpeg
And this is Rebel!
5E266E86-E483-4297-9ABA-6986BB59D99E.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! Your mini's are adorable. I have no advice to give, but the members of this forum are a wealth of knowledge. I am sure they will answer your questions.

Welcome! I don't show anymore and am out of the loop but hopefully someone will chime in and give you some advice!

I do know that there are stock halter classes you can enter if you feel your horse is more of a stock type. Then you would stand her square. I do believe they usually use a western style show halter for those classes.

Your mares are beautiful!

Latest posts

Back