Hello Everybody! So happy to be here :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitter Patter

Reaction score
I am a new "mini mom". First one by emergency default when a neighbor had a nasty domestic quarrel involving police and removal of all animals. Mini stallion came over to my house with an ancient gelding (too bonded to separate in chaotic environment). He was to go to local horse rescue eventually, but he's my baby now! After the gelding passed away he seemed lonely, although he shares paddock with two llamas, a gelding cobb pony, and a 300 lb goat. So I obtained three mini mares, which are sweet as can be (I am in love with minis now!). Michigan currently has a ban on vet services so the mini is still intact. One of the mares may be pregnant and would be due next month if so. I am so excited and oh so scared! I am already getting the best education from forums here! THANK YOU!

Welcome Aboard! We in Central Oregon are also having vets cut back.... The will handle emergencies, thankfully.
Do you have any experience with foaling out a mare? If not, and you have questions, please feel free to ask questions!

Thank you so much! I have NO experience with foaling out a mare...Yikes! Not entirely sure she is pregnant, but I swear I saw movement in her tummy earlier today! Looks like maybe I should put together a foaling kit? Been searching out videos, etc online to learn and it makes me even more nervous...Things people say and do contradict each other so that is confusing. Luckily she is not a maiden horse and it looks like she's been sold quite a few times. I think I am owner #6 or 7 and she is 10 years old. I think each owner has bred her.

Latest posts

Back