Hello and wishing all a better 2021!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb_D

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been lurking for a while but wanted to say "Hi" from Northern California. I'm new to the horse world and finding it has a STEEP learning curve. ( :

We adopted Justa and Moment approximately 8 months ago. They are now 19 months and I've found if you want to put a smile on your face all you have to do is walk out to the barn! Moment's registered name contained the word "Moment" so my husband thought it would be funny to name the gelding "Justa". So we have, Justa Moment.

I volunteered with a group, Loving Animals Providing Smiles (LAPS), which is an animal therapy group. In the past, I visited with my greyhounds. One of the LAPS members is doing therapy work with her minis (was until COVID hit). I saw how much enjoyment these little guys brought to those they visited, I knew I had to become involved.

We found a gentleman not far from us that builds haulers that fit in the bed of your pickup; sure beats towing a trailer. There is a window in the front of the hauler so if we open the rear window of the truck and the window on the hauler we have direct access even while driving. The only mistake I made was I bought a short bed so we have to heavily strap it in as to just closing tailgate.

Attachments

• Justa & Moment.jpg
    Justa & Moment.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Truck & Sign.jpg
    Truck & Sign.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 12
Welcome! That 'trailer' looks really cool. Does it have a ramp to get them in?

Welvome
Hello,

I've been lurking for a while but wanted to say "Hi" from Northern California. I'm new to the horse world and finding it has a STEEP learning curve. ( :

We adopted Justa and Moment approximately 8 months ago. They are now 19 months and I've found if you want to put a smile on your face all you have to do is walk out to the barn! Moment's registered name contained the word "Moment" so my husband thought it would be funny to name the gelding "Justa". So we have, Justa Moment.

I volunteered with a group, Loving Animals Providing Smiles (LAPS), which is an animal therapy group. In the past, I visited with my greyhounds. One of the LAPS members is doing therapy work with her minis (was until COVID hit). I saw how much enjoyment these little guys brought to those they visited, I knew I had to become involved.

We found a gentleman not far from us that builds haulers that fit in the bed of your pickup; sure beats towing a trailer. There is a window in the front of the hauler so if we open the rear window of the truck and the window on the hauler we have direct access even while driving. The only mistake I made was I bought a short bed so we have to heavily strap it in as to just closing tailgate.
Welcome from So Cal! We have a Bobs hauler for our two 18 mo old, recently gelded boys. We board and haven’t had them in the hauler yet. Been kinda wary of putting them on the ramp. How did your two take to it? Any problems backing them out?

Welvome

Welcome from So Cal! We have a Bobs hauler for our two 18 mo old, recently gelded boys. We board and haven’t had them in the hauler yet. Been kinda wary of putting them on the ramp. How did your two take to it? Any problems backing them out?
Thank you for the welcome.

They did very well. We left the truck in the pasture for several days and put their food in the hauler, which allowed them to enter and exit at their leisure. We backed the truck up to a hill so they didn't have to use the ramp. Long story short, it worked very well! When we did use the ramp, backing out was a bit of a challenge. We need to work on it some more as they tended to back out crooked getting too close to the edge of the ramp.

Latest posts

Back