Hello and some questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I am Dawn a farrier in Florida. I recently aquired two minature horses, one is an Appy stallion about 30" tall, the other a black filly 35" all. I also have seven other horses, most of arabian lineage.

The lil boy has a huge underbite and is pretty thin. I am afraid he has been with the filly for quite some time. He is a silver bay appy.

I've only had them since Saturday.

I was told both his parents were registered, and was able to get the old owners names.

The filly is pretty darn cute but a bit of a brat.

I am hoping to try to figure out who this lil guy is, and possibly who the filly is. I will post picture as soon as I can figure out how.

Thank you

100_0095.JPG

I am in the Branford Florida area.

Here are a couple more pictures. We just wormed him the day before yesterday. They are getting several feedings of coastal and alfalfa. He is getting a pound of senior feed wet due to his teeth issues.

100_0104.JPG

100_0102.JPG

The filly.

I can't get her out of my face to get pictures of her.

Forgot to mention they are both about 3 years old I was told.

100_0108.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know their names, the prefix usaully is the breeder farm name, that might help. Both are thin but shiny. Good luck!

Hi and welcome to LB.
default_saludando.gif

Thanks for the pictures, I think it is a good thing you have now got these two and can help them back to good health. One thing I would do is to separate them, as, if the filly is not already in foal, you dont really want her being bred by him, with his genetic problems. It may be a bit soon to get him gelded, due to his condition, but once he picks up a little, have a word with your vet about gelding him, then, once everything is ok, they can live together again.

Hope you enjoy LB, lots to read and join in with. Please post any questions that you may have - you will find many helpful folk here.
default_yes.gif

Good luck!

Anna

Welcome to the forum and well done to you for rescuing them. You will have them whipped into shape in no time with the right care and feeding.

good work with rescuing them, poor little things I agree with Riverrose, the fact that their coat is still shiny is a good sign, do you know how far along the filly is?

So glad these guys are in your hands now with the right care and feed I'm sure they will be lovely companions
default_aktion033.gif

I haven't a clue. I know they have been together a few months. After his weight is up I am planning on gelding him.

I only know their (the owners) last name was Powell. The filly was called Princess.

Its all the information I have. I spoke with someone who recommended this board, she said there really aren't that many mini Appy breeders here in Florida. SO I was hoping someone could tell me who he was.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back