Hello Again! It's been a while! Are my girls too chubby?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepeppylass

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was on here earlier this year when I bought my old lady Lass, who was exposed to a stallion and then had a false pregnancy. I myself was pregnant at the time, and relieved to not have to foal out a mare when I myself was 9 months along!

Now I'm a stay at home mom to my cutie son and I bought another mini to keep Lass company, and to breed next year! She's a solid black, 32.75" 10 yr old maiden mare named Crystal. I'm having fun just hanging out with these two and starting my search to find Crystal the perfect boyfriend ;) I just want to check and make sure I'm not making the girls too fat? I know they're both out of shape! They are my first two minis after years of riding, training, and showing Paint and Quarter horses. The grulla mare is Lass(retired broodmare 22 yrs old) , the black is Crystal. Sorry the pics could be better, but with a 3 month old baby I don't have the time to snap better ones today!

IMG_4765.JPGIMG_4767.JPG

Hard to tell from these pics, but they don't obese to me. From these shots, they look like they are in good flesh. Now, if either one has fat rolls over her withers or if her neck is thick and hard, yes, she's too fat, but would rather see a little fat on them than to have them skinny. If you get different pics - from the front, showing the topline, from the back, from up above so can see spring of rib, etc., that would help.

Congratulations on the new addition Amanda
default_smile.png

I don't think they look overweight at all, I like mine to carry a little extra weight going into winter.

I agree, too. They don't look overweight, and I think it's a good idea to let them carry a little extra weight into the long winter months.

Enjoy that new little boy, and post some pictures.....we'd love to see him!!

~~Diane

Latest posts

Back