Hello :3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissColonel

Reaction score
Hello I am Amy,

I just thought I would introduce myself since well I really enjoy stalking this site lol
default_smile.png
I also love all the useful info and great help on here!

2 weeks ago I got my first mini and absolutely adore him! You guys helped me figure out he needed a lot more protein in his diet about a week and half ago (thank you!! ) All of you also suggested minis like other mini friends and prefer them over the big boy horses that we have. Well last week we got 2 more!!! One might be possibly in foal as well! Scared but excited!! I never knew how amazing these lil guys could be!

I will try to post pics of are mini horse family! Please excuse if they look rough. I guess you could say we rescued them from a breeder who never did any research before getting into breeding
default_sad.png
I normally don't ever look at horses from places like these but my lil guy just screamed at me please take me! Later on I took photos of the 2 other minis who were the worse in the bunch and showed some people at my barn who ended up falling in love and taking took them. 1 of the minis is 9months old and you can feel ever bone in his body and is ranked a 2-3. ( this lil colt is also the sweetest and well mannered colt for only knowing neglect and fear but we love him and he is going to get anything he wants and lots of TLC) :)The mare is luckily not that skinny but has never been on any grain and could be possibly in foal( poor gal). My guy is a lil underweight but is improving quite nicely since are specialty at are barn is great at rehabilitating underweight and neglected equines. All of these babies need a good trimming which luckily are farrier will be here Tuesday along with our vet.
default_smile.png

Will try to get pics up soon with a their stories
default_smile.png

Thank you!

74619_4878839741792_1310135450_n_zps650d11d4.jpg

The Boys
default_smile.png

The red roan appy 28" 8months is Pip! He is just slightly underweight with very long hooves. He apparently came all the way from Wincoscin.

The black (in question seeing fome graying) colt Zeus is 30" mini harnessbred 9months in the worst condition. He was in a pasture with a stallion who wouldn''t let him eat. He was with a stallion apparently because he was a "bad colt" REALLY!!He is born in NY 6hrs away from us.

19012_4878817861245_158413574_n_zps945c2d94.jpg

Destiny a lovely 30.50" mini who will be 4yrs young and possible in foal. She is a angel and is orginally from Colorado.
default_smile.png

All of these love bugs came from the same place just apparently she didn't want from confo flaws or too many breeding studs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You!! We are lucky to have them though too
default_smile.png
Zeus's mommy who is a older lady who decided she will adopt him( another border here so they won't be split up) Has been coming up to the barn more and it has been great and even her doctors say whatever she is doing keep it up! He gives her a good reason to get up and come to the barn
default_smile.png

Hi and congratulations , Im so glad the minis have a brighter future
default_smile.png

Hello and welcome from another newbie! Your little guys (and girl) sound lucky to have found you. I am a sucker for a loud pinto like Destiny but they all look beautiful
default_yes.gif
Congratulations!

Welcome, I am also a newbie to the site and have my rescued mare Bea and Maggie. We are also expecting a foal this spring. Yes it is scary but very exciting. I have found everyone to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Your babies are very cute.

Congrats and welcome to the board...from Maryland
default_smile.png

Back