Height Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windwalker

Reaction score
Hi I just bought a cremello weanling..He was born April-11-08 ...I measured him yesterday and he is right at 27inches at a little over 3 months old..

Will he get taller than 34inches when he is mature?

His sire is 32.25 and his Dam is 33.5....

Thanks

I don't know the answer, according to some of the charts, he should mature right around 33.5-34 (so much more needs to be considered, birth height, nutrition, parantage), but I can tell you that I purchased a weanling last fall. She was 4.5 months old and 28 inches, she is 16 months old now , a very chunky 16 months, and is only 31 inches.

Carolyn

you never know. Right now rain is 15 months old and already around 33 inches. We used the cannon bone method and with that it says that he shouldn't get any more taller.

Those charts have been accurate really on only a percentage of my own horses. There are some bloodlines that reach their adult height early and then stop growing. I've seen that repeatedly here. Is this a horse you bred, or purchased? I'd look to the growth paterns of siblings, if any, for more insight.

Latest posts

Back