Heavy Heart Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone...I have a question...Godiva hasn't pooped since Sunday..but she hasn't had anything but hay and she aye very little of that ..if I offer her a little feed from my hand she will eat it..my question is can I give her an emema...a fleet enema? I know her bag needs to dry up and I should feed her only hay..but could it hurt to give her a bite of feed?? can I let her graze in the back yard for a little while??

I have had mares that had tough deliveries and have lost a baby or two, but never had them go off their feed like that. I would put in a call to your vet. Is she really sore??

Also, I hope they infused the mare and have her on antibiotics after that delivery?? Is she running a fever at all?

thanks for the input..we have her on penicillion..and pain med...today she is doing better she really was sore but stayed in the barn for a coupel of days...wed. she finally came out to see her other two kids...she went in the back yard and snapped at Kandi just to let her know she wanted space...today she is doing fine..she's back to her ole self...I think it was just as hard on me as it was on her...glad to see her back to normal...thanks for caring....Pat

Latest posts

Back