Heaven has another angel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
I did not know Mark personally, but i have listened to him at Nationals for years and from what i've heard about him from others, he was a truly amazing person and had a lot of people who loved him.

God speed Mark. My thoughts are with your family and loved ones.

Oh, my this is such sad news, as Belinda just posted his passing this morning on the Pony Forum. He was doing what he wanted--checking things off his bucket list.

Our industry will never be the same. Our National arena has gone dark with the passing a great person, friend, and announcer to each and everyone of us. He was the greatest to his family most of all. We all have a huge hole in our heats that our National Announcer's chair will never be the same.

A bright new star will shine in the heavens tonight as GOD accepts a great man home after a JOB WELL done here on this mortal earth. Mark I know was met by every horse whose name he announced that has crossed the rainbow bridge before him and carried him to the feet of GOD on their winged back to take his hallowed place where we will all meet again one day.

Sharon, and family may GOD place his loving arms of grace and peace around each of you in the days to come. Let your shoulders be unburdened knowing that your loved one has been called home. Prayers from my family to yours.

Mark take your ride upon the backs of the winged horses that met your at the bridge to a beautiful kingdom that we will all see one day. Your mike now forever silenced but never forgotten. You will now announce the horse shows in heaven.

I know there is not a dry eye among us who called you friend.

My heart feels like it's being squeezed. I knew it was coming, but I suppose I didn't want to think about it. He was such a friendly person, always spoke to us even though we were just exhibitors, and would make us laugh. He once told hubby if the little colt wouldn't trot just pick him up, as he was so small. He may be gone, but he will not be forgotten. Hope he has fun with my little ones that are also in heaven with him. So sorry to hear this news.

Godspeed Mark. You were one of the best! A Supreme Champion of people!
default_firstprize.gif

My condolences to Mark's family. Although I did not know Mark, he sounds like he was a wonderful man. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I hope Sharon and his son, Joel, have a chance to see all the honor Mark is receiving both on here (3 threads!), the pony forum and on Facebook......Mark was truly admired for his ability and loved for his personality, which he expressed - even through his microphone. :eek:)

There are some happy memories that I (and I know many others, especially in the NW circuit) would like to share with Sharon, Joel, and each other, so I hope we get the chance.....meanwhile Mark will probably be there in Spirit and doing his engaging chuckle which always made us laugh with him.

Right now, my thoughts and prayers are with Sharon......Mark passed far away from home, so she has lots going on.

I am among those who never had the privelige to meet Mark in person but I feel his loss as well. The miniature horse and shetland community has lost an important personality and a very gifted man. Thank you Mark and family for sharing that gift with the rest of us. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Oh thank you for posting that.... I think this has become Mark's 'song' lol. He certainly knew how to keep a late night arena full of tired people and horses going...

That was one of my favorites, especially at 2:00 in the morning when you and your horse are tring to stay awake for your driving class. Such great memories that I'll hold dear for a long time to come

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back