Heated water buckets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Fortune

Reaction score
I know, I know, its july & im already asking about heated buckets!

I was just thinking about how im going to keep Prince's water ice free this winter. I had a heated bucket but it didnt work too well. It froze over a couple times & cracked the bottom. Now I visited a rescue farm a couple weeks ago & they had solar buckets, but couldnt remember where they got them. Does anyone have a suggestion or know where I could buy one. Thanks.

Lorna

Solar buckets? Never heard of them, so I couldn't help ya with that. I know that we use heated buckets you can plug in. I also heard some people put soccer balls, basketballs, etc in the troughs to help keep it free of ice. I will do a search on the solar buckets for you though! I am really sorry, but I can't seem to find anything for you. I wish you luck in finding them though!

You had a heated bucket freeze over? I've had heated buckets for years here in Minnesota and I've never had one freeze over.

All these Solar ones are is a ""HOT Box""~! Sunlight entering into a plastic area and the box is insulated and the light coming in heats up the Inside of the Box~! This is NOT Solar Powered by the way of Solar Electricity!! But just a well insulated box that has an clear glass or plastic in front of a opening and that is where the HEAT comes from...Well In the winter when cloudy and or snowy I would think these type of "So Called" solar water heaters would work well?? NOT~!!~!! This is IMO only..

I too have never had a problem w/the heated buckets freezing over and I am in Michigan. Maybe something was wrong with the one you had. I love the heated buckets, I even have them for my chickens (nipples on them) and for the goats. I just got the chickens and goats this spring, but I've already got the heated buckets ready for them. I'd try another bucket, I think maybe you got a dud.

Latest posts

Back