Heated Mattress Pad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Mare

Reaction score
Can I just say I am in LOVE with my new heated mattress pad! I am not a fan of heating pads, heated blankets or seat warmers in cars.

However --

I decided to purchase one the other night because I seem to always be cold lately. It's so soothing and not to mention feels great on my back, knees and calves (dog grooming / horse chores takes a toll).

It fits over the mattress as a fitted sheet would. The one I purchased has different temp settings and two controllers. So you and your partner can adjust to your preference.

I am strange and "make my bed" to sleep in, so I sleep on top of the comforter and then sleep with a different one on top of me -- and I don't like sleeping under sheets. I've done this since a kid and still make my bed everyday. I put the mattress pad on top of the sheets, comforter on top, then covered myself up with a different one. The pad was still very warm even under a thick comforter.

Just thought I'd share and make a recommendation to keep warm in the winter months. :)

We have one too, and have had for many years. I found I would get too warm in it even when on low most nights. What I love the most, is to "preheat" the bed but turning it on a few hours early and putting the pillows down in the place we will be laying, and it gets it so nice a toasty. I doubt we'll ever be without one again. We are on our 2nd or 3rd one already.

I have an electric blanket that I wrap myself in when I go to bed. I have osteoarthritis and RA and the heat helps alot. It is a good thing!

Sounds comfy and warm! I should get one with all this cold weather here XD I have to sleep in my sleeping bag instead of my blankets during the winter. It warms me up to 30 degrees F but it's not THAT cold in my room! lol

What brands and types do you like? Also..anybody out there use one on a sleep number bed with the air style mattress?

Also, just a note...not sure if all have the option or not, but are nice features to watch for. Ours has an auto-off after 10 hours. It is also made so that the foot end gets more heat than the body area, because most people are colder in their feet and less so in their body.

Last edited by a moderator:
hum maybe I should look into this. I am a freeze baby and with the weather lately I have turned the heat up to 74 plus have 3 heavy blankets to sleep in.

I love mine too! I find that it helps with back pains/aches better than my heating blanket or heating pad did!

I had one once, it was wonderful! Since heat rises, it keeps you nice and cozy Mmmmm
default_smile.png

I tend to sleep warm, but I hate climbing into a cold bed. I like Mona's idea of pre-heating the bed, but I'm paranoid about electricity and dog and cat claws...

(We also use the comforter sandwich technique -- the dogs and cats like it, too!

okay,,, I had to go to Walmart anyway... right...??? lol wandered into the bedding isle... no blankets no heated mattress pads. Started to give up. Asked a clerk where they were and she gestured across the store and really didn't understand english. I started to give up again.. then walked over to the service desk and asked and she explained that the electric blankets and mattress pads were in their own section and not with the other bedding and blankets. sheesh. I only wanted to read the information on the package. They were on an unmarked shelf and no price was listed on the package. Pick one up and put in cart anyway. Figured if I fainted at the check out I would put it back. Not too bad, under $80 and dual controls and 10 hour shut off. Washable too. Ok.. hmmm. Bought one. Put on bed and planned to just use it to warm the bed but instead slept nice and cozy all night. wow. I have been freezing for weeks. Old drafty house with old heat. getting into bed is usually like climbing into a refrigerator. very nice product on first opinion here. I still plan in the future to turn off after warming bed, but for now, enjoying getting into a warm bed for the first time ever. Thanks folks for your recommendations. Yes I purchased Sunbeam. Thanks Mona!. Thanks Boss mare. I would have given up twice at Walmart if you had not mentioned Walmart carried them. Took awhile but I did find them.

I'm glad you decided to try it to shorthorsemom!! You will continue to LOVE it!
default_yes.gif

I did manage to get the controllers set on the wrong side of the bed and tried to cook my husband. Haha. He turned his side off..I turned my side up wondered why it wasn't getting warmer so I bumped it again. My husband got up and shut off "his side" cause he was warm. . It was too funny I thought my side wasn't working..then I rolled over to the other side after he got up and cracked up. Will have to move the plug and get the controllers sorted out. The one cord is too short if your outlet is on the opposite side of the bed. Who cares.. its fun. Cant wait to try again tonight. When we roll in after a long night of milking cows and are cold and exhausted it is nice to turn into a pre warmed bed.

I did manage to get the controllers set on the wrong side of the bed and tried to cook my husband. Haha. He turned his side off..I turned my side up wondered why it wasn't getting warmer so I bumped it again. My husband got up and shut off "his side" cause he was warm. . It was too funny I thought my side wasn't working..then I rolled over to the other side after he got up and cracked up. Will have to move the plug and get the controllers sorted out. The one cord is too short if your outlet is on the opposite side of the bed. Who cares.. its fun. Cant wait to try again tonight. When we roll in after a long night of milking cows and are cold and exhausted it is nice to turn into a pre warmed bed.
LOL!! You had me laughing out loud with this one!

I have had one for a few years, a Sunbeam, dual control, 10 hour auto shut off. I keep it on all year round, because I stay soo cold, and a warm happy Alien is a happy Alien. Poor Art would bake if it did not have dual controls. If I dont use it, I can barely get up in the am. I keep it on 6 in the summer and 10 in the winter. I highly recommend it! I am amazed at how much better and longer I sleep with it. And it is machine washable too!

Latest posts

Back