Heart Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm old and cynical and have hardened my heart against heart horses :) . Just kidding :D! I have had lot's of them over the span of 50 years. All were different but each special in their own way. Here is a picture of my favorite goofball Doodles. He was about 30 in the picture. I owned him (or he me) for 26 years.

Attachments

• doo man (3).jpg
    doo man (3).jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 4
I love all my guys. However, in my life I've had two one in a lifetime horses.

They're all special, but the heart horse connection goes so much deeper.

I just lost this grand fellow in February, 31 years after my husband bought him for me. The grief, for me anyways, is different than with my other horses I've lost.

53201032_2206907452708778_1133421425370071040_o.jpg

I have had many heart horses. To me a heart horse is one that no matter what shenanigans it gets up to, it doesn't scare you. Because you KNOW it would never hurt you. Zorro is definitely a heart pony.

My mustang was a heart horse. She was full of it but would never hurt me. Never.

My arab mare was a heart horse. It was nearly impossible to fall off of her. She would move her back in a way that would keep you centered.

My curly horse was a heart horse. He was always keeping an eye on me. If I tripped and fell he would run across 10 acres to check on me and help me up. LOL! And yes I do fall. Zorro does this same thing!

Have I been hurt around these horses? Yes of course, but THEY didn't hurt me and were extremely worried about me when I got hurt. Zorro can kick up his heels, be silly, spook and be a lookie lou but I never worry when I'm driving him. He has my back and I have his!

23032534_10213156312334079_432012435895751298_n.JPG

I have had one heart horse until recently. The first I lost to a stroke in 2020. It broke my heart and Ill be honest My eyes still fill with tears when I think about him. I had owned him for 16 years and he was one of the most amazing , kindhearted souls. Monte is in my profile pic.

The second and Im not sure if it can constitute being a heart horse after only owning him for 5 months, but ....... After loosing Monte and then loosing my mum in May last year , I decided that it was time to start looking for something to get me back in the saddle. This was also one of my mums wishes , so it really became quite an emotional journey for me & I hesitated for a bit not wanting any more heartache . I looked around during spring but nothing really stood out , I tried rescues , auctions , numerous magazines online catalogues etc, but still nothing that was suitable. It wasn't until I stopped looking, that my cousin mentioned one she saw at her daughters pony club that at the time, wasn't actually for sale. After tracking down the owner , my cousin passed on the details and as I felt I had nothing to loose , I gave the lady a call and organised to meet the horse.

I had a bit of a ride on him and whilst he hadn't done a lot after finishing racing , I just knew there was "something about this horse". I had a good think about it and asked for one more ride "off property" just to see what he was like in a new environment , and he didn't disappoint.

5 months in & this horse amazes me everyday. He is the sweetest , most loving , quiet , level headed 5yo off the track Tb I have ever met and he very quickly becoming "My second heart horse". ♥

Latest posts

Back