Heard on the news by next year, gas could go up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it very hard to believe that oil companies are losing money or barely squeaking by
default_wacko.png

All we can hope for at this point is that a new president is willing to help change things around.

Why is it that we always want to blame our own oil companies when those that are rolling in the money from all of this are robbing them blind?

I'm not saying that our oil companies are great. They are large corporations that are run by greedy, self-righteous jerks. Executives make ridiculous amounts of money (Not the Little Workers). What I'm saying is that WE have all partaken in creating a system that promotes such things. We use oil, and we pay whatever we must, and there is no stopping us. We're like drug addicts when it comes to oil.

Yes, American Oil Companies are making money. Be glad of this. If they weren't and we were to lose them, then the same Arabs that control OPEC (who, again, controls the price of crude oil) would buy up the oil companies assets and then we'd REALLY see what a high price looked like.

Remember, the vast majority of the world's oil is being produced in the Middle East. Americans: Not so loved in the Middle East. Many members of OPEC have had suspected ties to various terrorist organizations for years. We are paying oil companies to buy oil from OPEC and risking parts of OPEC making under the table donations to groups who want all us "infidels" erased from the earth. The only real long-term solution is to commit to breaking our addiction to oil. We must stand up to our crooked politicians and demand that we put less money into foreign aid, welfare and pork-barrel bureaucracy and put more money into researching alternative fuels. We must tell the oil companies that we want to see them putting a real effort into the same.

The one thing that we often forget to look at is that we must also stand up to Automobile Manufacturers and tell them that we demand something better. I think GM got a taste of this recently. Last year's GM lineup featured the usual: bigger engines, more flashy excess, and poor fuel economy. With gas prices up, people finally started buying more small and efficient cars. I know that we worry about GM because they are an American Icon. However, the message that we sent them this year was necessary. I only hope they understood.

I filled my truck up last Friday and it cost $120.00! It already had 1/4 tank.

So, Wednesday, I traded it in for a 2008 Nissan Xterra. I had one before, this one is the same color but way more loaded with options. People at work are asking me if I bought my old car back!

It gets a hair better mileage, and uses gas instead of diesel so will be cheaper to run, and it can pull my mini horse trailer. Bye bye heated leather seats.
default_no.gif

I commute 32 miles each way, we do have a van pool, but my problem is that for the next ?? months, I will be in downtown Columbus (42 miles each way) three days a week, and here at the closer location 2 days a week so that isn't an option. At least I will be able to charge mileage for the Columbus trips! And parking.

We are all stressed out big time here, layoffs have started, phone calls started yesterday. Union people (me included) are getting notified in the US mail (how warm and fuzzy is that!) so I just about get sick every time I pick up the mail. I have 23 years in here, but that is no protection, one friend who is an Admin was told yesterday and she has 29 1/2 years. Lucky her, there is a one year buyout so she can retire with 30 1/2 years credit. 30 years is the golden number we all shoot for. Keep your fingers crossed that I make it!!!!

Latest posts

Back