Heard a rumor today about Nutrena feeds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farnam came out with a Mini/Pony feed in their platform feeds..........I personally am not a fan of EITHER Nutrena or Farnam, so I stick to my own methods, and they seem to be working great.

\
I knew I had seen an ad for the Farnam Platform Miniature Horse & Pony feed... It's on the inside cover of the AMHA 2006 World Championship Premium Book.

The ad states:

"Platform Miniature Horse & Pony is a pelleted feed created for smaller, more efficient digestive systems. Scientifically formulated to provide maximum nutrition and reduce nutritionally-related problems such as obesity and related hoof problems." For more details, see your Platform dealer or visit platformfeed.com

If I wasn't so in love with feeding Progressive Nutrition products, I would seriously consider this product. I'll probably still investigate it for future reference (as in, if my Progressive rep flakes out on me - selling Progressive and Vigortone products has been his longest lasting job
default_unsure.png
: ).

I knew I had seen an ad for the Farnam Platform Miniature Horse & Pony feed... It's on the inside cover of the AMHA 2006 World Championship Premium Book.

The ad states:
I e-mailed Platform feeds... The feed will be available around the end of the month and the website will be updated around that time also.

[it would be nice if they updated the website sooner, so we could investigate the feed if we wanted to.]

We attended a Nutrena nutrition clinic a few weeks ago. The rep said Nutrena is coming out with a feed around August 15th, that is made especially for overweight horses or "easy keepers". This something I want to try as our 29" stallion is a very easy keeper and we have a hard time keeping the weight OFF of him, although he is on a dry lot 24/7.

We just started feeding Nutrena Safe Choice to show horses and broodmares/foals and the horses really like it. I want to give it time to see what results we are going to get.

I would like to hear other opinions from those that feed Safe Choice.

Steph

Hi, Steph. We have fed Safe Choice all this year to our show horses and also Youth to our bred mares and foals. We are pleased with both products. Lavonne

This arrived in my e mail this evening from Liz Phillips at Cargill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our newest product, LiteBalance is about to hit the shelves.

Ideally balanced for overweight horses, "easy keepers" and horses on all-forage

diets, LiteBalance contains the vitamins and minerals, biotin, amino

acids and other nutrients that horses need but with a fraction of the

calories of other horse feeds and straight grains.

Balance is the key and that's what you get with LiteBalance

controlled calorie formula for horses. Brought to you by Nutrena®, the industry

leader in advanced equine nutrition.

From August 15-September 30 or while supplies last, customers who buy 2

bags of Lite Balance will also receive a "LiteBalance kit" which

includes a LiteBalance feed scoop, a weight tape, weight management

guide and weight management cards. Good at participating Nutrena®

dealers only. So stop by your Nutrena® dealer today to discover the

right nutritional balance for your horse and the good life that comes with it

for both of you!

Visit us at nutrenaworld.com to locate a dealer near you.

I got that email as well and asked as I am not sure from the email if this is a "feed" or a supplement like there empower I got the response that she wasnt sure and would have someone contact me.

I got that email as well and asked as I am not sure from the email if this is a "feed" or a supplement like there empower I got the response that she wasnt sure and would have someone contact me.
While I haven't gotten the e-mail from what Equuisize pasted about her e-mail; it sounds like a ration balancer (or very similar).

Here's a bit more info on the new LiteBalancethat arrived this morning.

Not a definitive response but maybe there will be more available next week.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Nancy,

Lite balance is going to be put on the website August 15th (official launch date). You'll be able to access more info then.

This feed is meant to replace grains and vitamin mineral supplements in the diet. It has a full package of vitamins and minerals for the light/moderately active horse as well as containing yeast cultures and microbials for digestion and amino acids for proper growth and bone development. This is the first feed that Nutrena has made that contains an organic form of selenium, which is more bioavailable and more easily used by the horse's system. When paired with a good quality forage, Lite Balance is all you need to add to make sure your horse is getting all the nutrients he needs without the calories he doesn't.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Tiffany Towne

Nutrena Consultant

(509) 771-1439

Latest posts

Back