Heard a bad rumor - hope its not true

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhpminis

Reaction score
Otis Orchards, Washington (just east of Spokane)
I have been looking here all day to try to find some information as to whether this is true and I hate to fuel fire but I need to know!

I was told that there was a very bad accident on I-5 around Olympia/Tacoma area involving one of our NW breeders. From the description I heard maybe even injured or worse animals and possibly humans.

If anyone has info on this please share. I have looked on line at newspapers for that area and have seen nothing so I really hope it is not true or not as bad as I have heard.

I have heard nothing about this. I will check around, though, as I know it is likely someone was on their way back from Central Point at the time...I hope it's not true!

Liz M.

oh no- maybe call a sheriff or police station in the area to see and see if someone can go help with the horses or if they are all already placed and out of harms way?

Oh my gosh!
new_shocked.gif
I sure as shootin' hope it's not true, or horribly exaggerated. I'll send out prayers for our unspecified victims, and general prayers that everyone made it home safe.

Leia

Haven't heard anything, Annette......

I DID hear that there was a funnel cloud that touched down in the Medford area???? Anyone know about that????

MA

Hi all - this is Jean Howard. I've relocated to Laramie, Wyoming recently. I am no longer involved with the miniatures or ponies, but I keep track of everyone here. I hope all involved are OK!

I just heard from an acquaintance that spoke with Joanne's husband, Larry.

What happened was the wheel on the trailer had a problem w/bearings (they were recently serviced, but apparently the work was not done correctly) and a wheel came off or something and they had to pull over.

The trailer was towed to the airport (its destination) safely and no horses or people were hurt.

Thanks for your concern,

I for one, am very relieved, considering it was possibly my friend Joanne that was involved!

Liz M.

Thanks Liz....that is a big relief!

Larry and I were going to call them, but won't bother them for now as I'm sure they are getting their share of calls as it is....

MA

Thank you Liz;

I was very concerned and am glad you got the story straight. I did not want to mention who it was as if it was not true or the story greatly enlarged I didn't want to start soemthing but I just had to know if she and her horses were OK.

Latest posts

Back