Heads up on the extreme heat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
I just want to give all you folks out there a heads up whoever is in the extreme heat areas as we are and there's still no relief. Altho the weather people said we would get some today, we did'nt.
default_sad.png
Anyway I turned my little boys out as usual....nothing different same schedule...except on one of my "look see out the window" watches, I noticed little Manny laying in the middle of the beautiful green grass...then he rolled but stayed down. I ran out as fast as my legs could carry me and pulled him up and out of the pasture. He was slow and looked sort of not right. I immediately felt for digital pulses and hosed him down. He stood still as a rock. Put him back in his corral and have been watching him. Slowly he's been coming out of it, getting to look more animated and like himself but I'll still be watching him.

I just wanted to share this heads up. Please watch your little ones...even if they're used to being out in this heat and humidity .....as my boys have been dealing with the heat ok so far. But this one day little Manny could not. Just glad I pulled him out when I did. Keep an eye out and constantly watch them. This heat even without the sun as it's been cloudy off and on today can zap them in a minute!

So glad you took notice !!!!! Hope Manny is doing OK :new_shocked:

I had just put this on the back porch.

Outside today nice breeze no humity 78 and in the barn 70, just finished grooming and playing with my new babies.
default_wub.png
:

default_yes.gif
: just a reminder of halters on minis, make sure, you take them off, I never leave them on and especially with babies they grow so fast.

Our 2 day old colt, just so curious and loves to come and get petted.
default_cheekkiss.gif
: Not shy at all.

Sleeping like a log after all that attention
default_wub.png
:

Raesleepingat2daysold.jpg

Hope you get the relief we have now, so much more enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy it sounds like he's going to be okay!

Here in VA, it is "cooler" today (low 90's) and there is less humidity in the air so HOPEFULLY it is heading your way. It's still nasty outside, but it is less nasty than the past several days. I actually got to enjoy time with the horses this morning for the first time in many days.

I'm so glad you peeked in on him and am so relieved that little Manny is going to be okay! Boy, that heat sure hit him fast, didn't it? Hope you get a cool down, soon; we just went through 3 weeks of triple digit temps, and it was absolutely horrible. The best relief for my guys were the fans, ice in their water buckets, and hosing off their paddock.

Big hugs to Manny (from Cody, too)...

Liz R.

It's been terribly hot here..I attached a mister hose that we use when we go camping to the top of the fence...They love it. :aktion033: even the dogs lay on the ground so it will mist them...around 11:00 you can see all 4 horses standing where the mist will blow on them...

Latest posts

Back