heading to New york

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCaseFamily00

Reaction score
Last week my sister in law and her family stayed,their from the Ausable forks NY area. They've invited us to come visit. We've gone twice,it's been a couple years so we're excited. My favorite thing is the ferry to Burlington Vermont I love it!!!! We went to Church st. shopping in Vermont also fun
default_laugh.png
. NewYork is such a beautiful state and I can't wait to visit
default_wub.png

Glad someone likes NY lol. Some parts are nice but I would much rather be somewhere else.

Anyway, have fun! Where in the state is Ausable?

I LOVE NY and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The taxes stink, but I have never seen more beautiful scenery.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto that Karla, tho the rocky mtns are sure something I'd like to see again.

It's around 1/2 hour south of Plattsburgh, In the Adirondack mountain area. My brother in law is a state trooper there,his parents run a bed and breakfast they're a great bunch of people. We live in Indiana so it's a nice break from corn fields lol. My mom is also my neighbor so she's going to take care of my critters
default_laugh.png

Im with Alex, I hate NY :arg! and would be in SC if the baby was not due in September

But enjoy your trip to NY, it is very pretty to visit
default_saludando.gif
(not live here in the winter) There are a lot of neat places to visit up north
default_488.gif

Heidi

New York is AMAZING! I also love that ferry ride into Burlington; I did that trip driving from Toronto to Boston with my dad to see my sis a a while back. Now, New York City! Wow! When you come over the Manhattan Bridge from the airport, you can actually FEEL the history. All of the entertainers' stories, all of the stories...period. What a great great state and city...
default_wub.png
(a city boy at heart...)

OOY, Im with Alex and Heidi, I really dislike NY, much rather be in Kentucky, anyone wanna own a horse farm with me???LOL

But have fun on your trip, like Karla said, its really beautiful, especially in the fall up in the mountains of upstate NY to the valleys of Amish country.

I love New York City during the holidays. No place I'd rather be than at the Thanksgiving parade and shopping at the super department stores. Macy's has the real Santa there you know!
default_biggrin.png

I grew up in VT, and have lived in Peru, NY (8 miles south of the main part of town) the last 5 years....You'll be in my area..My daughter and I frequent the beach at the Port Kent Ferry Dock....I'm less then 10 minutes from AuSable Forks...Have you toured the Chasm? They have horse back tours there now also....It's a beautiful area over here for sure but I hate the winters...Actually thinking of moving to FL, VA or one of the Carolinas....

Jess,yes we did visit the chasm and it's beautiful. The view at Port Kent brings tears to my eyes,just breathtaking. I wouldn't like the winters either,Indiana is bad enough. I'd love to go to NYC for a visit
default_wub.png
,maybe someday.

I happen to like New York, but then again I came from MA where everything is much worse. Hope your trip is tons of fun!

I'm feeling guilty for leaving the animals for mom to take care of so I just cleaned her house for her
default_cheekkiss.gif
. We're leaving around the 18th of this month,can't wait. Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back