HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four cats off to new homes this morning... The two tabbies that won't stay away from the house; the tom and a female (both very friendly, but won't stay way from the house, so annoying the house cats); and two blacks, a male and a female. She's going to shut them in the barn for about a week, so they know where home is, we hope, then hopefully they'll settle in, stay put and catch mice (every barn cat's job).

LOVE barn cats! Since we no longer have "unfixed" cats, I took on several ferals to help out the overcrowded rescues in our area.

All of our new "property" kitties are spayed EXCEPT for the male who showed up and starting eating with all the spayed girls... Our other two boys are neutered and have been for years. The guy can't get done until we get the upper respiratory infection cleared up - that doesn't want to clear.

Hope yours do well at their new homes.

Me, too, Paula; but as it's a barn situation and there are coyotes and such out and about, things happen, but I had way too many here, so some had to go (especially that tabby tom that was driving our house cats to do naughty things, like mark inside). Should find homes for a few more, but love my kitties, I think I could be a crazy cat lady, if I weren't careful. Quite a few of mine are fixed thanks to 3 low cost clinics over the last 3-4 years, but more need to be fixed; it was too hot to haul 60 miles during the low cost clinic, but I talked to one of the local vets and she offers lower cost for barn cats, so will contact her when it cools off, and see about starting with some tom cats (toms are cheaper than females and recover quicker).

When we moved to our property back in 2007 after agisting for many years, we were given a couple of cats from a horse riding ranch that my FIL does a lot of work for in painting old carriages for weddings ect. One was a black and white boy and the other was a little black girl. The boy was instantly loving and affectionate and seemed to follow me everywhere. the girl on the other hand only came with me if the boy did. Unfortunately only after two days the boy had wondered off into the paddock and one of my minis stood on his leg and broke it. I felt terrible that he had come to start a new life with me and that I couldn't save him .

The little black cat, that I named skittles after jumping onto the table and knocking the bowl of skittles off was very timid. She was extremely hard to catch but got better with time. Not long after I was surprised by my partner with a present . A little boxer pup by the name of Laila.

Lets just say the bonding between pup and skittles didn't go too well. laila just wanted to play and the cat wanted nothing to do with her. One morning I let the cat out to go to the toilet and I never saw her again...................... Until one night about 3 years later , when I had finished work and came home. I had just poured my 2nd glass of red and I was sitting out the back when I looked up and she was standing in front of me. It was after midnight , so between the two glasses of wine and the heat I thought I was delirious. After taking a second look, sure enough it was skittles standing looking at me. She knew who I was in some respects but I believe that she had been "Living wild" since her disappearance , eating rabbits, birds, mice ect. When I called her name she looked at me and then ran off. I saw her about another year later at the back of our lake walking along the bank.

To this day and since she left home , I am yet to see a snake and Im very happy to leave it that way.
default_smile.png

I see her occasionally walking around the back 6acres and she looks happy enough, living life how she wants too.

Yep, Ryan, the two that I adopted in February are like that. They were both contained in a large wire cage w/ food, water & a litter box. "Batty" got her name as she would freak out and literally hang from the top of the dog crate when I changed out the litter box, water and food. "Rainbow" took a while to get her name as I couldn't think of one. I think she's known as a "muted calico" - light grey, orange & white while "Batty" is a light grey tabby w/ chrome white blaze on nose, small white tail tip and white paws.

After two weeks, I let them out - they know where the food and water are kept and sometimes we see them in the yard or slinking about - but they are truly in the background. When they were spayed, they got the green belly tattoos and ear tips to identify that they have been spayed should they get caught else where. They also got their 1st Rabies vax, but I don't think I'll ever get them caught again to redo those as they just don't "come around"... They DO leave the free ranging chickens alone, which I'm thankful for. Just wish they'd discourage the hawks... I haven't seen any snakes either, for which I'm also very thankful.

Yeah! CalliCat is back; my favorite barn kitty that went missing 10 days or so ago, showed up for breakfast this morning. Happy day! My MIL and I found Calli on the side of the road a few years ago in January; cold, skinny and friendly, so I brought her home to our barn (we already had enough house cats), she had a couple litters of kittens, then the low cost clinics started up and she had her kittens were fixed (we still have Creamy, Turtle and Spot; told you I like my kitties).

Horse news for a change. The boys are due to be brought permanent, should have taken pictures sooner as they are starting to grow winter yak fuzz, but look pretty good anyway. [i'm still editing and saving photos, so these are the only two ready right now.] Manny is a bit of a chunk, amazing since his dam is the slightest build of the 3 mares that foaled that year. Monte is lighter this year than last year.

Manny:

Manny - August 17, 2015 - right 1.jpg

Monte:

Monte - Aug 17, 2015 - right.jpg

And, it looks like Baybe is in again, so that one time hand breeding didn't cut it, so will try to start this cycle tomorrow morning with hand breeding.

Did I share a picture of this quilt I finished back in February? [it's available.]

FB strips quilt - finished - Feb 2015.jpg

It's about 45x60", I just looked at the tag, but can't remember what it said, so good lap/throw size.

Very Frustrated. In July, I was only able to cover Baybe once then she was out. I thought she was in this Monday, heard Che` talking to her, so tried hand breeding them yesterday morning and this morning, Che` won't talk to her and acts disinterested; turn him out and this afternoon he's talking to her. Just don't know what to think, but I'll keep trying in the morning, you'd think it would be the perfect time, since he's in his stall all night.

Nothing much new with the horses. Started Caddy on some Previcox, seems to be helping her. The rest are doing well. I've been working on a new website; I could no longer edit my webs.com site, so started up a weebly.com site. Just click on the link in my signature to check out the new site. So far, I think I like it, and I think I'm caught up on what I need to transfer over from the old site. May add more pictures, eventually, but for now, everyone is there plus the information I wanted and my quilt stuff.

OMG, Chanda - the pics on your new website make me miss MT soooooo much!!

I still love Cheddar's story! Wonderful pic of him at 25 yrs of age
default_wub.png
. Hope you put more of your quilts on the Quilts page - I know you've got lots more to share pics of! Neat to have one place to go see instead of searching all over LB for them (I've done that,
default_new_shocked.gif
). I like what you've done with the site. Did you mean to have all different sizes & colors of type on the "Feeding and General Care" page?

Since my own site is down, I need to go check out Weebly. I had a minimal site out there when they first came out - maybe I still do, LOL!

Thank you for sharing!!

It was a copy paste to the feed and care page (actually twice, the original to my first website and then to the new site), so the fonts probably didn't transfer well, probably should check it out and fix it if I can.

Oops, that's not the copy/pasted page, no idea what happened that the fonts and colors are all over the place. Will see if I can fix it or at least tone it down.

Fixed it some. Hard to do, as the editor doesn't have specific font size just + - but I tried. Most is now black, except the formula paragraph.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's interesting to know. Never adjusted font size that way before. Wonder why they had to "re-invent the wheel"?

LOL...

That's interesting to know. Never adjusted font size that way before. Wonder why they had to "re-invent the wheel"?

LOL...
A few websites use + - I think they are probably just trying to keep it simple for beginners, but actual sizes would be nice in this case.

Looked at your page. The pictures of your land are beautiful! I love the one with the tractor loaded with hay. Your land is beautiful!

Looked at your page. The pictures of your land are beautiful! I love the one with the tractor loaded with hay. Your land is beautiful!
Most of the scenery shots at the top of the pages are generic shots from the web builder company; but we do have some similar looking scenery as the flat land shots.

Whew! Finally got it done. Measured the boys today for permanent papers. Manny is 36.5" tall and Monte is 37.25" tall. Their dams are both 38" and Topper is 35.75". So, almost ready to send in paperwork, took pics in August, just have to print them out, fill out their heights, fill-out a work order and we should be good to go. Also have stallion reports to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back