Hay Grant for Rescue Groups

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessj

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I work in animal control/cruelty investigation. Part of my job is placing animals with rescue and securing grants for our department...so I am always getting emails about grant opportunities. Just thought that I would pass this one along for those of you involved with rescue.

ASPCA Hay Bale-Out Goes National

horse-1.jpg
With drought reports stretching across more than 65 percent of the country, equine welfare organizations are scrambling to secure winter hay for the rescues in their care or for the hay bank programs they run for at-risk horses, mules, donkeys, and ponies in their communities. The ASPCA Equine Fund is once again offering financial support to help keep equines alive and the groups that care for them afloat.

Groups that meet the following requirements are welcome to apply for an emergency hay/feed financial relief grant:

• Are a United States-based 501©(3) equine rescue, sanctuary or animal welfare organization, or municipal/government agency, currently caring for 12 or more equine
  • Have not received an ASPCA emergency feed/hay grant within the last 6 months
  • Are in good standing with the ASPCA Equine Fund (All required grant reporting is up-to-date)
  • Preference will be given to organizations that operate in a drought-impacted area of the country

Eligible organizations will be considered for up to $5,000 in funding if they currently care for 12-49 equine and up to $10,000 if they care for 50 or more equine. Funds are to be used to provide food for the equines within the organization or to offer feed support to those at-risk horses in the community via a hay bank-type program.

Online applications for the Hay Bale-Out Emergency Grant are accessible at www.aspcapro.org/equine.

Applications will be accepted until Nov. 9, 2012, or until funding is depleted. Direct all questions to Jacque Schultz, Senior Director, the ASPCA Equine Fund, [email protected].

Latest posts

Back