Hawk Trailers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&HMinis

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a new trailer and I like the Hawk trailers. Does anyone have one? If so, do you have pictures? It's so hard when there aren't any dealers near me to be able to look at them.

We just bought a new, custom Hawk trailer which was delivered the week before we took it to Tulsa. WE LOVE IT!
wub.gif

We wanted a trailer we could use for both minis and big horses. Hawk was the only company we could find that was willing to do exactly what WE wanted. This is a big 3 horse slant. The big horse dividers are removeable and the mini dividers slip in to hold 6 minis. We could actually put another mini in the tack area if we wanted, we had venting and a window put in just in case we ever have to do that. We got to choose where we wanted windows and hooks, a door in the side so we can get to the horses in the front without having to unload everybody in the back to get to them, we had fans put in, and a wonderful, rubberized floor that is guaranteed for 20 years. They guaranteed we would have it by a certain date, and they met the deadline and everything was done to our specs. The dealer is in Wisconsin and they delivered it to us in Michigan. Hawk also makes a mini trailer. The reason we decided against the mini model is that most of them are 5' wide and nothing wrong with that, we just personally weren't comfortable with it for ourselves. Here it is, set up with the mini dividers getting ready to leave on it's maiden voyage to AMHR Nationals. It does have a ramp on the back which I don't think shows in my photos. The colors look funny in the pictures - it is really white with teal trim.

We do want to add a camera system.

IMAG010.JPG

IMAG007.JPG

IMAG008.JPG

IMAG009.JPG

IMAG006.JPG

Shelley

Thanks for the pictures! Was the dealer Sunset? That's who I've been talking with. They have been great to speak to!

You're welcome, and yes. we bought it through Sunset. I cannot say enough good things about them. They were just tops to work with.

Shelley

Reece Family Miniature's show trailer is a Hawk. I think they used a dealer in Delaware.

Nice pics of the trailer. Does Hawk make stall dividers for minis? We looked at a few new hawks that were set up for big horses but they didn't have any info on Mini stalls.

Mark

I have no personal knowledge of the brand, but do know that the Hawk trailers are well-regarded on the Truck and Trailer forum at www.horsetrailerworld.com/home, which I sometimes frequent. Seems to be a fari number of knowledgeable people there--click on the truck and trailer forum.

The pics I posted are of the miniature horse dividers. The big horse dividers are much taller. When you look at this picture of the side door you can see how short the divider inside is (on the right).

IMAG009.JPG

Shelley

Last edited by a moderator:
Back