Having surgery to remove Lola...she is not my friend!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Ridge Farm

Reaction score
Lola is the name I have given to my brain tumor. I got tired of complaining with the pain that this stupid thing has caused. I thought I might as well find some humor in it, so I decided to give her a fun name. Now when I am having a really bad day I just say Lola is being bad.

I am having brain surgery on the 21st of this month so please keep me in your prayers. I am feeling good about having this done. The doctor told me that I don't need to cut my hair off. Woohoo! It has taken me 4 years to grow it as long as it is and my hubby loves it. I would have cut it, though and donated it. I guess the one thing that I can say is that I am blonde and I do have a brain!

What I have is called a meningioma and 9 out of 10 times they are benign. Doc will send it for pathology, but I know it will be okay. Without insurance, this is really going to cost us, but God has been doing some awesome work. The hopsital has cut the cost almost in half, the neurosurgeon has taken about $7000 off his price and the anesthia guy cut his bill in half. You would not believe the love and support from folks that don't know me. An account was started for me and it is growing. I am in awe of how good our Lord is.

Sorry to be chasing rabbits.....Pain pills have taken hold.
default_wacko.png
Thanks for letting me rant on...Oh, most importantly is the surgeon is a christian and that makes me feel secure about who will be guiding his hands.

What a blessing and inspiration you are! God is good! I will keep you in my prayers! Thank you for sharing!
default_wub.png

My buddy up the road here Michelle just had brain surgery a couple months ago. She seized and fainted and was rushed to the hospital and there they found a big old tumor on her brain. She then went to Nashville for surgery that very next day and it went fine and dandy. They only shaved three small places in her hair and you can't even notice it. She covers it up with her other hairs. She was swelled up afterwards and is on pain meds and is doing beautifully. She was home in I think it was 4 days!

I am happy to hear that you are feeling very possitive about your Lola surgery. I think being a good frame of mine is always very helpful.

Best wishes to you and to heck with Lola!

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I share your feeling that everything is going to be okay!

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this...you need to contact TNBelle...she knows what its like...no one can understand except someone whose been through it.....I'm sending lots of prayers for strength...you'll need it...hugs!!!

I'm praying for you.

I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers too. Your attitude is an inspiration! Bye bye Lola
default_saludando.gif

Good bye Lola! Don't let the door hit you!

I hope it goes wonderfully and we will definately hear a good report from you in a few days! Heres to a happy healthy life!
default_aktion033.gif

TNBelle (Mistie) has been a great comfort to me through all of this. Although our tumors are in different places in the brain, she and I have been able to laugh and cry with each other. Lola has done one good thing and that would be letting me find a good friend like Mistie!

I am sure my hubby will have the laptop at the hospital so I will be able to let everyone know how things go.

(your comments have had me in stitches already!)

Oh Peggy! I'll be praying for you. Any chance I'll get to see you this weekend at Conroe or Glen Rose (I know it's close)?

I'll remind Toy Boy so he'll do his absoulte best for you!
default_wub.png

Carin,

I won't be at Conroe, but I will be at Glen Rose. I am coming on Saturday morning and showing out of the trailer. I need to be home Sunday to get things in order for Monday. Gotta love the Toy Boy!!

Prayers for you!!!!!!! I had 2 aneurysims Oct. '06 and had emergency surgery, titanium coils implanted in my brain-so I have implants!!!! Sounds like the Lord is holding you in his hands, and you have an angel on your shoulder!

You aren't such a bad friend yourself either!
default_biggrin.png

We love ya down here, my whole family knows about ya. That day is marked on our calender, you will be lifted up so high that the clouds will be your pillow throuhg the whole thing.
default_pray.gif
default_luck.gif

You might lose a tiny strip of hair for the actual incision area, but that's it. When I had my biopsy surgery, it was before we knew mine was cancerous, so I was really concerned about my hair also. My surgeon woke me by saying he didn't shave to much off and gave me the little bit of hair in a baggie as a joke. It was a line thinner than my finger but a little longer than my middle finger. If you have to wear a halo, you might also get a tiny dot on your forehead that scabs up, but now, five months later, that scar is gone. They then flipped all of my hair to the other side (like a huge comb over). The only time I really hurt was the same day of surgery, but they gave me plenty of meds to numb it. I was also sent home in four days and didn't even need pain meds by then. God made the human body amazingly, to have brain surgery and have no pain within four days.

My hubby jokes about the feed door for the gerbils since I have a metal plate to cover the hole. HAHA
default_wink.png

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You sound like you are very positive and have faith in your doctors. That is most of the battle. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back