Have You Ever Seen a Cat Give Birth?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
So...Jenna, one of our Ragdolls, gave birth yesterday to two healthy kittens
default_smile.png
She had been in first stage labour all day; unlike other cats, Jenna is very vocal and dramatic when she is in labour (and giving birth). Most cats are very content to give birth alone and there are rarely any problems. Jenna likes to move from room to room and will just drop kittens anywhere she is (she has, more than once, mistaken giving birth to having to have a bowel movement...and left a kitten in the litter box...). She, also, cleans and eats the first placenta but then will leave the rest...so i have to cut them. So, when she's in labour we watch her closely. We had a nice area for her to have her kittens and she seemed content there all day. Then I go down at about 6pm and I can't find her... I look everywhere! She finally shows up and she hadn't had a kitten yet. So...I relegate her to the basement bathroom (hence the lovely orange, 70's carpet lol), and wait with her. After lots of pushing (I was getting worried and slipped a glove on and did a bit of a reposition), she had her first kitten at 7:48pm, a boy. Here's the vid
default_smile.png

Yep have been there done that, but great video.. let us know how many she has.

You are so right, they usually like to hide and have them alone.

Mine used to go into the closet and take in one of my clothing for the bedding and have them there.

default_smile.png
She just has the two. A boy and a girl. Her smallest litter yet.

The one and only time I've been present for a cat giving birth....she needed major help...she had 3 kittens, all got stuck, and we lost one of them. But she was not happy being by herself, so she demanded that one of us stay with her....and oh, was she ever vocal!!

The 2 she raised were the most adorable kittens ever (and caused major havoc in the house)!!!!

~kathryn

I had to help my cat Lady with her kitten. She was born backwards and all I could get ahold of was the kittens tail . We kept the kitten named her Heather and had her and mom (Lady) spayed.

Ms Kitty had her litter of babies in Fiesta.s stall (she was born their too) and Poppy stood over her like he was protecting her. I got in there and helped remove one that was breech (it died) but the other 4 were healthy. They always returned to his stall to sleep. This was a couple years ago. We only have one left out of five and Fric will sleep in the stall with Poppy.

Latest posts

Back