Have you all heard?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
It has been announced that Pacific Carriage is going out of business; Bill Schuil is retiring. As I recall, the announcement said that they will 'use up' what they have on hand to build a few more vehicles, and I *think*, will have some parts available. Pacific built the 'Smart Cart' for miniature horses.

I have personally wondered if they might sell the rights to build their trademark vehicles?

They will be missed in the industry, it is clear from responses to the announcement. Although I personally found the Smart Cart too heavy for my A sized horses, it clearly is/was a quality vehicle, and worked well for many...and other of their larger vehicles(for ponies and horses) were well-regarded by many in the world of driving.

Margo

Wow! I hadn't heard and I have always hoped one day to be in a position to purchase on of their smart carts. They are so close to me (in comparison to other builders at least) that their cart would not require shipping saving me a nice piece of change. I do hope that someone convinces them to sell their design to a new builder, it would be a shame for the Pacific carts/carriages to become a thing of the past.

Thanks for the info! I had better get my longer shafts ordered--hope they still have some!

Since the Smart Cart is such a well-made and well-received product, I wonder if they'll sell the plans/copyright/etc to another company?

If I ever drove a big horse of my own I'd always planned to buy a Pacific, so I'm very sad to see them go.

Leia

I am quite impressed with the quality of the Bennington carriages.

Latest posts

Back