have to get this off my chest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norah

Reaction score
In May we hosted the first ASPC AMHR A rated show in Europe . Renee Bush flew here to judge the show , we followed the rules at the office , and tried our best to show the Europeans how an American show is suppose to be done. The show went well, because Renee worked very hard to educate the management of how to organize a class list correctly , and how to follow the rules of showing . It was the first time we had to follow rules , and some were a bit put off by it , but the judging was fair, and Renee worked very hard for us this weekend. Renee also took time out of her own training and busy life to do this show for us . I want to give Renee Bush a huge Thank You , for your time , and effort , it was an honnor to have you here , and i hope to see you again in Europe .

Now for the upsetting part . I wrote this note because the show manager refuses to turn in the paperwork for the show . His reasons are unclear , maybe because his horse did not win the championship , maybe he lost the measurement cards and judges cards ....I dont know , but none of us got recognition for our hard work and I think this is wrong , unfair , and very sad !

What bothers me the most about this is that Renee never got the recognition for being the first ASPC AMHR judge here in Europe . I am very sorry about this , and i want to thank Renee for the fantastic job that she did for us !

I just want to add something else ... some of you have said that I am bitter , and angry about this ... your right I am , but now its time to let go and separate myself from the "bad" clubs and breeders. I spent a lot of money flying a jury from different parts of the world to have everything done by the book , and by the office . I even flew 2 awesome photographers from California , and a ring steward from Ireland for this show , so a lot of my personal money was invested , over 4 grand ( fool and her money is soon parted ).... This type of behavior is inexcusable , the jeslousy , the bad sportsmanship , the accusations of some people cheating because they won leaves me ashamed of the club that i once tried to help . So I quit the club, and showing with the exception of 1 local show that is pretty professional . Thankfully now I know who the bad sports are , the liers , cheaters , and bad breeders , who dont falcify their papers breeding one stallion and turning in the other stallions papers grrrrr ...

The posative outcome of this is that I have found the good breeders, the responsible people who follow the rules . I feel like I have crossed over to the "light" ...lol, so now its time to kick the liers and cheaters in the butt !

I will do my best to help the good , and hopefully give enough rope for the rest to hang themselves : )

That doesn't seem at all right! If this is a rated show he needs to submit that paperwork! What about the other exhibitors have they voiced about this? I would for sure take it up with the office and explain to them the situation if you haven't done so.

Go Norah, let the AMHR/ASPC office know what has happened. I know how hard you have worked to get this show done. It is not just you who were cheated out of show results but all the exhibitors who participated. It surely leaves a black eye on the future of Shetland shows in Europe.

Word of Mouth is the best advertisement for both good and bad.

What a cost, both financially and physically, and all for an unhappy ending.

I don't put up with that kind of bull either Norah. That is not what showing horses is ever supposed to be about! Some people just forget about the little horses and make the shows about them. Crazy. I would have done just like you did: seen the light and moved on to greener pastures where you can have fun enjoying the horse with good people.

Good for you!

thank you everyone ! the office knows , and well , they know ... as you said I am on to greener pastures with my horses , and no longer as interested in contiunuing my membership , and showing ... I love to support others that show , and I help them as much as i can , in 2 weeks I will be hosting a seminar here for the newbees , and I will help them show their horses : )

i will aslo help other clubs in different parts of Europe .... places to keep an eye on in a very posative and good way are Belguim , and England !!!! they are smart people with a good breeding sense and expierence , they want to keep the breed true , correct , and "american " , I respect that and will put my money and efforts into them ! the rest of them will cross breed until they have no more true American shetland Ponys left ; )

thank you for understanding my frustration and dissapointment

Latest posts

Back