Have some sunglasses handy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
On my last foal thread, I posted that I had a black leopard colt to share, but had yet to see him. Well, I finally got to go heck him out, and OH MY GOODNESS! He is so much more than I had imagined. A nose to toes leopard, which I was not expecting since he is only PATN-1 heterozygous, and most likely homozygous for black (his dam's tobiano is linked to her red, and this colt is not tobiano, but there is a chance of crossover).

O Henrys Secret Agent 007, AMHA/AMHR colt, born a few days ago. Full brother to the black leopard colt I had last year. His sire has been very generous sharing his PATN-1, and his dam has been wonderful holding back the tobiano
default_smile.png

IMG_1451.jpg

This is not a flattering picture of his dam, Secret, but I just love Seven in it, so don't tell Secret
default_smile.png

IMG_1467.jpg

A cell phone picture, but one of my favorites

007.jpg

We also had another colt born today (yes, that's SIX colts in a row!), and he was quite the surprise! His sire is the chestnut tovero FWF Little Wardance son that we just sold, and his dam is a lovely chestnut tovero mare. This is their 3rd foal together-the first was a chestnut pinto colt, the second an almost all white filly that has a little patch of red on her forehead (mix of tobiano, splash, and sabino). Red x Red=RED....well this colt is a silver black tobiano+splash. There is no way she got in with another stallion, so that means either Shasta is actually a bay (which, now that I look at her pictures, she could be as her mane and tail are flaxen), or Cool is actually a silver bay (already know he is the silver carrier). Very interesting, and very much a surprise. Anyway, the colt has some paw prints and pretty neat splash markings on his face. Was racing around his stall, bucking and jumping before he was even dry. And he's already a great big sweetheart.

Will post better pictures later, just figured I couldn't leave you hanging
default_smile.png

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Need help with a name for this last one. Would love to incorporate "Silver" in there, but not necessary. Sire is Willow Creeks Im 2 Cool 2 Dance and dam is O Henrys Shasta Daisy. We like "different" names-names that not many other horses, if any, are going to have.

Look at that spotted fuzzy butt! Is that a black upside down heart by his tail?

CONGRATS!

And congrats on your other colt! I love all the face white!

OH MY GOSH !!!!! They are both adorable. Congrats on getting such awesome little boys
default_smile.png

WOW! Beautiful leopard colt!! The pinto is cute too, but of course, I like the appys! LOL

Thank you so much everyone! I am so happy with these little guys-well, I would have liked a filly or two thrown in there too, but they are healthy and NICE so I'm going to try really hard not to complain
default_smile.png
That appy colt, wowza can he MOVE.

Now, whoever has the filly fairy hostage, will you pretty please with cherries on top let me have her for a little while?

Also, still need help naming that silver black tovero colt. Usually they come to me right away, but having trouble with this little guy.

Wow - congratulations on your little one!!!! VERY nice!!!!!

Liz N.

Ohmeeeeeeegosh! The spots I love! Might as well dangle a chocolate cookie with chocolate chunks in front of a chocoholic. I would know.
default_poke.gif
I love the leopard pattern and the aforementioned treat! Huge congrats!

Thank you so much! I still just can't believe how loud he is-and his conformation and personality are identical to his full brother's we had last year. Really neat. The little tovero colt was named by Tiff from the forum here: O Henrys If I Was UR Boyfriend. He is such a doll and is so friendly already. Quite the little ham.

Latest posts

Back