Hauling a single mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astefanelli32

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in the process of purchasing a weanling mini. I have an older mini that I do not trailer (our vet is our next door neighbor), but I am wanting to show my new guy and was wondering what is the best way to haul him. I do have a 2 horse trailer, but is that the best way to transport him, or should I look for something smaller. I'm not sure if the 2 horse is excessive for one mini.
Thanks

I haul mine in a two horse trailer. I had a partition made for the front so they can't get under the chest bar and had a couple of tie rings welded on at the appropriate level.

I haul mine in a two horse trailer. I had a partition made for the front so they can't get under the chest bar and had a couple of tie rings welded on at the appropriate level.

Thanks for the info! Our trailer has a divider that comes out so it would essentially be a box. If I add tie rings it would be fine for one mini?

Probably. If your mini is quiet to haul. Mine can get a bit, um, lively o_O. I have a fear of them getting to the front of the trailer somehow and popping the doors loose in transit so for peace of mind I put up the partition across the front.
And a very full haynet is your friend!

That's a very good point. We can definitely build something to cover the front. We don't have large horses anymore, so it doesn't matter if we need to modify the trailer.
Thank you for the help. I appreciate it

Latest posts

Back