Hatfields and McCoys mini series starts tonight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
It is on the history channel. Getting the popcorn out now!

My husband's watching it right now.
default_smile.png

Oh shoot! I didn't know it started last night. I'll have to check the schedule and see if they're reairing the first episode.

I recorded and later watched the 1st episode last night...good show, well-done, I thought! Only trouble...it went 5 min. over two hours, and I guess my DVR wasn't properly set to accomodate that, because it seemed to 'cut it off' a bit early. No worries, though, because it is being re-shown tonight before episode 2, and all three are being re-shown in succession on DISH on Sat., according to my on-screen guide.

Margo

I hope it on Direct TV Saturday night. If not I will just have to miss episode 2. My 10 year old grandson has a ballgame tonight and he is hoping for his 4th home run of the season and I would hate to miss the game.

Good acting for sure...loved it when the judge threatened to gut shoot. I know that actor's name is Booth. I can't remember if that is his first or last name.

I have Directv and it looks like it's up to reair tonight. I set our dvr to record it
default_smile.png

You folks in the US are LUCKY! You get to see all 3 episodes within 3 days! We watched it Monday night on the Canadian dish here, and now the other 2 episodes will be on Monday nights again, for the next 2 weeks.

Well I am rather miffed.... it was on SO late last night, I fell asleep and missed most of the 2nd part- because they played the first part again first. Since I am up at 5 to go to work, I cant very well stay up til midnight watching tv.

I had to miss part 2 also.

It will be re-aired tonight BEFORE part 3. Looks like I will be having a marathon night.

I LOVE Kevin Costner and his movies, but the first episode I only watched a short time. There was wayyyy to much killing, bloodshed and hatred to watch anymore..There is enough of this in our own world right now and I realize it's only a movie, but they make movies SO realistic now that they are not enjoyable for me anymore! Where are his movies like Field Of Dreams, Tin Cup and Bull Durham(which is my favorite of his)Come on Kevin I like you funny, happy movies better. Not to offend those here who are throughly enjoying the Hatfields and McCoys
default_smile.png

Jenny

Part 2 already started here at 4, so again I missed some of it cause I got home at 5 from work. But I saw a bit of the beginning of Part 2 last night.

I'd rather have things realistic- it's just the way things were.

Heard on the news that Karl&I were among the over 14 million who watched it.Karl usually is in bed by 9, but has stayed up both nights til 11 to watch it.We are really enjoying it especially me since I am a US history nut.Karl has a friend whose wife is from mthe hills of WV and says many of the things shown about the ways of the hill people are still true today.About to watch part 3.

Loved the show but a little disapointed in the slap togather endeing...

otherwise great movie!

I think our TV schedule showed it would air again tomorrow, sometime.

We watched the entire thing and we were very impressed at how totally realistic the sets, costumes, and everything else were. I can't remember when I saw a movie taking place in that time period that paid so much attention to detail. there was one scene where Johnsy Hatfield was laying in a bed with his wife and you could see clouds of dust and chicken feathers swirling about their heads in a stream of sunlight, just as you'd expect to find in an old open-air cabin on the edge of the woods in Appalachia a hundred and fifty years ago. Amazing.

we are almost finished with part 1 and so far we really like it. A few years ago my husband and I were thinking about transfering to Charleston, WV so we went up there to check out the area....we ended up four wheeling on a mountain and ran into a man who claimed to be a real McCoy. He had some pics of his anscestors and some other things in his truck....I can't remember his exact relation, but it was a close relation....not a distant cousin. He could of been blowing smoke up our arse, but it seemed legit....we actually ended up partying with him that night...he was alot of fun and very nice.

Latest posts

Back