Has anyone used Nzymes program for dogs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlawridge

Reaction score
My little doggie, Jimmy Jam, has battled "skin allergies" for a few years now and I seriously am thinking this is yeast instead. He is bathed weekly in Micro Tek and has the Micro Tek gel nearly every day on where he chews his legs. The past week he is really itching and starting terribly going at his ears (which I gently clean three times a week or more) and I know that summer heat can push yeast more to the surface. With the rancid smell and oily scaley skin after just 2 days or so after a bath, this is routine, I really lean towards yeast. Has anyone used Nzymes for yeast or skin issues??? The vets say Jimmy has bacterial skin infections from allergies but this is not addressing the underlying cause, which I am no longer convinced is simply allergy. (btw, he is also on the most recommended diet for skin issues, Eagle Pak, and before that was on Natura's Healthwise and Innova, which were also recommended. I have not noticed any improvement since switching to Eagle Pak. He also gets a 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil and Springtime Inc. Longevity.) Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

www.nzymes.com

www.springtimeinc.com

Has he been allergy tested? If not, that's what I would do first.

No he has not, but the vets here never even suggested that to me. The more I learn about yeast, the more it seems that this is actually what he is battling. I have found that many vets do not address yeast issues or know much about it as an actual condition. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!

You are really spinning your wheels on the allergy issue without testing. It's not only food your dog could be allergic to, but the environment. Of course the yeast issue could also be it, but I would start with testing.

First off...Has your vet done blood work, & checked his thryoid? this can also cause skin conditions. If not, highly suggested as a start.

We see a lot of yeast in dogs, (especially white ones). The only way to find out what is causing the initial allergy is skin testing as first recommended. The only way to tell if it is a food allergy is to cut out everything that goes in his mouth except the food, no treats, no chewies, no table food. It is really hard for people not to cheat on food allergies, but it really hurts the pet if you do. I would recommend asking your vet to change to Science Diet Ultra Z/D or even IVDs' brand of allergy food. But again, you have to make sure he is not sneaking the cats food, or someone is giving him stuff that you dont know about ( table food, treats etc)

Many times you not only treat the yeast, but have to put them on an antibotic to help with the outbreak of sores & hot spots. We use ketaconazole for the yeast & keflax ( cephalexin) for the infection. We usually start off with an antibotic steriod injection. We also use something like Otomax for the ears, it is oily based so you apply it every day & do not clean out the ears. You have to dry up the ears so the yeast does not grow dont get water in them during the baths & I wouldnt wipe them out alot because the medication needs to set there to work.

So some simple me suggestions you can ask your vet about. Contact ( grass etc) & inhailed allergies are also very common this time of year, but again you can try to treat them without testing, but testing is the best way to take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to everyone who responded. You all have given me great advice and direction, which I sincerely appreciate! Thank you so much.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back