Has anyone seen this...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Jill, OMG, so if a person doesnt agree with you, they are Anti-american!!?? And here I thought that being american meant having freedom of thought, didnt know it meant if I disagreed with someone, I was Anti-american. How totally, absolutely and completely insulting.
I didn't single any person out, and I do not think that disagreeing with me is anti-American. Some positions stated, in my opinion, are anti-American. People are free to apply my opinion as they see fit -- if they even care to contemplate it that hard. For what it's worth, I stand behind everything I say and I say what I mean. I even attach my real name to it all. I don't think the label of "anti-American" is any more insulting than being called a "racist" or a "bigot" as has been thrown out a number of times on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way...NY City Mayor AND Attorney General are both in favor of this.
Which proves what exactly?

"Not every Muslim is a terrorist- not every illegal alien is Hispanic- not every Jew is good with money- not every Christian is a wonderful human being- not every white person in the south is a red neck bigot- not every Mormon is into polygamy.
I don't see that anyone on this thread said they were? Most seem to be saying that a mosque shouldn't be built in that area, and most have indicated that no church, no matter what the faith, should be built in that location. Because they want religion kept out of the area of Ground Zero, how does that make them a bigot?
I suspect that if someone had wanted to build a catholic church right in that spot--the application would have been turned down. I could be wrong, but frequently that is the way it goes. Certain religions are discriminated against because they are "majority" and therefore there is no law against discrimination against those religions...anything Christian pretty much. But a mosque--if anyone in authority were to turn down a mosque, immediately there are cries of BIGOT and RACISM and PREJUDICE.

I really do not feel I am anti american and I do feel there has been some underlying bigotry by a couple on this thread. That said I stand by what I originally said and said more then once on this thread I do not feel any religious building should be put on the site

as well as

It has always sort of confused me how such a wonderful country who has done so much to fight for and made ultimate sacrifices for freedom can be so complacent to what is going on in our own backyard
We have a wonderful Country depsite the differences we all have and beliefs we all have cause we are allowed to not only have them but voice them.

In all fairness, with their calendar ( which doesnt match ours, kinda like the asian calendar) the historical date isnt always on 9/11. I dont know if in fact the 9/11/11 is the correct date for this birth/deatch date. And on that same line, I dont see how they can tear down the building that is there, and get a new one , of the size/design they state, up in only a year. I have an idea that the 9/11 opeing date, is one being thrown out there just to tick people off, and not done so by that muslim group, but by others.
I must say I find any attempt to justify the date (regardless if it is factual or not), and to defend it is nothing but disrespect to the innocent victims and their loved ones IMO.

I must say I find any attempt to justify the date (regardless if it is factual or not), and to defend it is nothing but disrespect to the innocent victims and their loved ones IMO.

Seriously??!! Have you not been reading this thread? No one, and certainly not me, has justified ANYTHING these nutcases have done. What I was actually saying was a reply to the supposed open date of the new mosque. If you are going to comment, I think it prudent to READ what was written and not READ INTO what was written.

I still say that all of this so-called tolerance without any real knowledge base is going to be the death of us. Most people defending and accepting muslim ideology know nothing at all about it. The "anything goes" and political correctness is truly digging our own graves. People need to take a stand. Just because a few authorities think something is okay doesn't make it right. Not now or ever!

My children were caught/delivered by women of other faiths. One who is still my doctor and the other is still a much-loved friend. They both helped save my life and I would defend their abilities to anyone. I am not racist nor am I a bigot.

Nothing anyone says is going to change my mind on this one. Building a mosque near ground zero is unjust. Thank God that there are other people who are aware of that and say it like it IS, a travesty!

Nothing anyone says is going to change my mind on this one. Building a mosque near ground zero is unjust.

On that we agree
default_yes.gif

Seriously??!! Have you not been reading this thread? No one, and certainly not me, has justified ANYTHING these nutcases have done. What I was actually saying was a reply to the supposed open date of the new mosque. If you are going to comment, I think it prudent to READ what was written and not READ INTO what was written.
I have read what was written and that is how I feel. If the opening date is factual, it is plain to see that any peaceful group would not want to open on 9-11, especially when it has upset millions...but you won't see those peaceful protests or marches on the media, not today's media. So, I say yes to try to justify them using the date of a masacre is disrespectful to the victims imo.

Sonya, I could not agree with you more!

Latest posts

Back