Has anyone seen this...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The planned opening date, September 11, 2011, is widely published and reported.

Jill I havent seen it, through all the searching for info on the site, no dates have been listed. Can you post a link maybe? On the other side, being published and reported doesnt make it true. Might just make the reports copies of what they heard. On another note, if it is 9/11 , know that that date, is also a birth ( or death ) date of an important muslim.

Jill I havent seen it, through all the searching for info on the site, no dates have been listed. Can you post a link maybe? On the other side, being published and reported doesnt make it true. Might just make the reports copies of what they heard. On another note, if it is 9/11 , know that that date, is also a birth ( or death ) date of an important muslim.
Google it, Pepi.

Edit to add: Please don't pretend to think any citizen of the USA is going to believe opening this "ground zero mosque" on the decade anniversary of 9/11 is to honor important dead Muslims (unless you count the terrorists who died in their attack on our Nation that day). The suggestion that the date is symbolic of something other than the terrorist attack is insulting.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note, if it is 9/11 , know that that date, is also a birth ( or death ) date of an important muslim.
And then too, perhaps THAT was why that particular date was chosen for the American 9/11 Terrorist attack??

I did google it, all I came up with were sites that were right wing. To me that says that its just rhetoric and 'may' , note that I said may, just be what people want us to think and not a fact. I find it sad that in this day and age people cant just accept others. I forget who in this discussion stated the founding fathers ideology and who brought up Christianity but I ask this, does that mean that any non-christian shouldnt be here? If Christians are so wonderfull and dont kill, then what do YOU think about those that dont obey every commandment? I am refering to 'thou shalt not kill'. Personally, I feel that commandments are a general rule, there are exceptions. Just wondering how Christians who state that christians dont kill, feels about that.

I dont care the reasoning as to why some nut job chose a date. Does that mean if some Christian nut job chooses 12/25 for something, then we can never celebrate Christmas?

I dont care the reasoning as to why some nut job chose a date.
I just questioned something you yourself had mentioned, querying as to whether that had anything to do with the date chosen.

On another note, if it is 9/11 , know that that date, is also a birth ( or death ) date of an important muslim.
As for

Does that mean if some Christian nut job chooses 12/25 for something, then we can never celebrate Christmas?
of course it doesn't. But, let me tell you, if he/she did commit some horrendous crime in the name of Chrisianity, in a forgien Country...I would HARDLY for one second, think it right or proper to set a massive Church up within sight of the place the crime was committed, especially with that same date as the opening date.
Aside from the fact that this isn't just ONE nut-job we are talking about...but an entire group/Army of them...armed and dangerous, standing...no...HIDING behind their religion... It is not the religion I dislike, it is the way it has been turned and twisted to suit their wants...their contstant need to cause conflict, death and terror throughout the entire World.

Wow this has been interesting you learn alot about people :)

Not every Muslim is a terrorist- not every illegal alien is Hispanic- not every Jew is good with money- not every Christian is a wonderful human being- not every white person in the south is a red neck bigot- not every Mormon is into polygamy sterotypes help no one racism in any form is not acceptable to me

We could go round and round for hours. I do not think any religous building should be put on the site but I surely would not go as far as saying all Muslims are murdering horrible people.

When we lived in CA we were right next door to a Mosque. I went to go talk to whatever the correct term for the head of the Mosque would be about alot of gang activity we had in the neighborhood (not by muslims) It was interesting to be invited in and watch them pray. They were very nice people and the (again not sure of proper term here) head of the place lived behind us and often brought his family to see the minis. I personally think it is unfair to make blanket statements about Muslims and assume they are all terrorist killers.

It would be the same as assuming all Christians are murderous people because some choose to kill others to make a statement. Or to assume all whites are serial killers being that over 98 percent of serial killers in the US are white

I do not believe any of those things I refuse to judge an entire group of people based on actions of a smaller group.

I respect someone elses opinion to believe otherwise but I do not have to like it

Again I do not think we need any thing on that site but I also do not assume every muslim or middle eastern person I pass in the street is bad. That would be such a sad way to live IMO

We could go round and round for hours. I do not think any religous building should be put on the site but I surely would not go as far as saying all Muslims are murdering horrible people.
Exactly. I did not start this post as an anti-Muslim / anti-religious fanatic. If it had been a group of any religion that had committed this act of violence against another, I would be against THEIR building a place of worship overlooking the site as well. It is just the "in your face" of it, I guess, that startled me when I first read about it, and made me want to know how others felt.

Wow is all I can say....it is also a date that 3,000 people were killed with over 6,000 injured in the U.S. by those who did it in the name of the Muslim religon. Now I know not all Muslims are hate mongrels, terroritsts and murderers but on this day there were many who were. Wow is all I can say.

Wow this has been interesting you learn alot about people :)

Not every Muslim is a terrorist- not every illegal alien is Hispanic- not every Jew is good with money- not every Christian is a wonderful human being- not every white person in the south is a red neck bigot- not every Mormon is into polygamy sterotypes help no one racism in any form is not acceptable to me
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

I agree that this has been an interesting topic.

It isn't always the proper thing to do something just because you can. Common sense tells us it is necessary and proper to take other people's feelings into consideration.

I agree with you, Lois. Well said.

Looking over this topic and thinking back to previous discussions here and other places, you can count on a small handful of people taking the side that is the most anti-American. It's always the same handful of people.

It reminds me of what Dennis Miller said about Michael Moore: "(He) simultaneously represents everything I detest in a human being and everything I feel obligated to defend in an American. Quite simply, it is that stupid moron's right to be that utterly, completely wrong."

Wow. Had not read any forums for awhile. Came across this and after reading, reading, and reading I had to go back and read what the original post was about! Ok, was I aware of the building of ......? Of course I was. But for some reason I thought posts about politics and religion were not allowed. Either I was wrong or things have changed! But regardless of all that YES I was aware. I am right wing conservative Christian. Yeah, our country is in trouble. May God have mercy on America. Meanwhile I will pray, vote, and prepare to defend what is mine. My book is the Bible. My Constitution is the one the founding fathers created. Whatever yours is IS YOURS.

By the way...NY City Mayor AND Attorney General are both in favor of this.

I don't think you'd find ONE person who wasn't horrified by the acts of 9/11 who has commented on this thread, not ONE ! What happened that day was an outrage not only to America, as an unprovoked attack on our soil, but to mankind in general. I find it sad that racism and bigotry are so very much alive. There are many people who do paint everyone with the same brush. Perhaps that's just based in ignorance. But until people learn to think differently we'll never become a nation of tolerance or a planet of tolerance and sadly we'll continue on this path of destruction. Anyone who is different, different race, sexual orientation, physical/mental disabilities, skin color and religion or lack of religion should see the reactions of some to be very sad.

As Lisa said

"Not every Muslim is a terrorist- not every illegal alien is Hispanic- not every Jew is good with money- not every Christian is a wonderful human being- not every white person in the south is a red neck bigot- not every Mormon is into polygamy.

Stereotypes help no one.

Racism in any form is not acceptable to me".

and as I said..."not every pit bull is a a vicious killer".

I welcome diversity and every human beings right to live in peace to worship (or not) to love or not, to exist !

Because the alternative takes us so far back...

Because who wants the hate that comes with the prejudices against...

A black in a white neighborhood

A gay person living next door

A disabled kid in your healthy kids class

A muslim in a christian neighborhood.........These things disgust me as much as the atrocious acts of 9/11 which themselves were committed because of narrow minded bigotry. And as I said in my first paragraph...

"What happened that day was an outrage not only to America, as an unprovoked attack on our soil, but to mankind in general" I'm just proud that I can separate those guilty of this act. Because there were Japanese Americans in Hawaii during Pearl Harbor who cursed Japan for this act. There was Jews during Hitlers reign of terror who knew that there were non Jewish Germans who would die side by side with them. There were white people willing to march side by side with blacks during the civil rights years and there are non muslims who know that the vile acts of the few do NOT blanket the whole.

Because IMO, anyone who can harbor any type of hatred towards an entire group because of a minority within that group, without being able to separate the two, is capable of more and that not only relates to radical muslims hating christians but christinas hating muslims.

Just because people do not want the mosque there or question their intentions (like opening on 9-11) does not make them a bigot. Lets face it...there is a very large group of Muslims who are NOT peaceful...and if you deny that then you are blind. So protecting ourselves from harm now makes us bigots? Questioning their intentions? Would you like to fly on an airplane that does not question the roster list? I suppose the program that makes child molesters register is against their rights? Afterall they may be reformed. Who are we to single them out? Of course apples and oranges here but something to think about! Unfortunately in this world there are people who wish harm and death on others...and now in this great country it is politically incorrect to even try to protect yourself and others.

It isn't racism or bigotry to have the opinion "No, Stop! Enough is enough". You can not just stand there and say "go ahead and do what you want". If I was a racist or bigot I would have nothing to do with Muslims or Hispanics. There is a Muslim that owns a store up by the subway and a lady that owns the subway shop. They are very nice people and the man "Tony" defended me in a car accident. These people are part of the community. They are not the ones building this mosque. As for illegal Hispanics, we need to get our boarders closed to this kind of crossing. My niece and nephew play with some Hispanic kids down the street. They came here the right way and there is nothing wrong with that. You just can not let people go Willy Nilly and do as they please. Everything we know and love as a nation would be lost.

Wow is all I can say....it is also a date that 3,000 people were killed with over 6,000 injured in the U.S. by those who did it in the name of the Muslim religon. Now I know not all Muslims are hate mongrels, terroritsts and murderers but on this day there were many who were. Wow is all I can say.

In all fairness, with their calendar ( which doesnt match ours, kinda like the asian calendar) the historical date isnt always on 9/11. I dont know if in fact the 9/11/11 is the correct date for this birth/deatch date. And on that same line, I dont see how they can tear down the building that is there, and get a new one , of the size/design they state, up in only a year. I have an idea that the 9/11 opeing date, is one being thrown out there just to tick people off, and not done so by that muslim group, but by others.

And Jill, OMG, so if a person doesnt agree with you, they are Anti-american!!?? And here I thought that being american meant having freedom of thought, didnt know it meant if I disagreed with someone, I was Anti-american. How totally, absolutely and completely insulting.

Latest posts

Back