Has anyone seen this...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue_C.

Reaction score
Sorry, but for some reason the link to u-tube will NOT WORK... To find it, just Google it, and you will see what I am talking about.

I am shocked that it is even being considered. when I first heard of it I thought it was a very sick "joke".

The word that comes to mind..............TRAVESTY...
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but for some reason the link to u-tube will NOT WORK... To find it, just Google it, and you will see what I am talking about.

I am shocked that it is even being considered. when I first heard of it I thought it was a very sick "joke".

The word that comes to mind..............TRAVESTY...
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
WOW ! Have you ever heard of the word BIGOT
default_sad.png

Thousands of innocent lives were lost on September 11, 2001, and our hearts and prayers go out to their families and loved ones. For several hundred of the victims of 9/11, grief and sorrow has been compounded by constant suspicion, bias, hatred, and attacks on the faith they hold dear.

Imagine being the family of Salman Hamdani. The 23-year-old New York City police cadet was a part-time ambulance driver, incoming medical student, and devout Muslim. When he disappeared on September 11, law enforcement officials came to his family, seeking him for questioning in relation to the terrorist attacks. They allegedly believed he was somehow involved. His whereabouts were undetermined for over six months, until his remains were finally identified. He was found near the North Tower, with his EMT medical bag beside him, presumably doing everything he could to help those in need. His family could finally rest, knowing that he died the hero they always knew him to be.

Or imagine being Baraheen Ashrafi, nine months pregnant with her second child. Her husband, Mohammad Chowdhury, was a waiter at Windows of the World restaurant, on the top floors of Tower One. The morning of September 11, they prayed salaat-l-fajr (the pre-dawn prayer) together, and he went off to work. She never saw him again. Their son, Farqad, was born 48 hours after the attacks -- one of the first 9/11 orphans to be born. In an interview with CTV Canada, she relates that in the months to follow, she mourned for her husband and endured the hostility of some ignorant people around her. "When they saw me ... I'm wearing a scarf. There is a hate look."

Or consider Rahma Salie, a passenger on American Airlines #11 that crashed into the North Tower. Rahma, a Muslim of Sri Lankan origin, was traveling with her husband Michael (a convert to Islam) to attend a friend's wedding in California. Rahma was 7 months pregnant with their first child. According to the Independent UK (October 11, 2001), Rahma's name was initially put on an FBI watch list, because her "Muslim-sounding" name was on the passenger manifest, and her travel patterns were similar to those of the hijackers (she was a computer consultant living in Boston). Although her name was eventually removed from the list, several of her family members were barred from taking flights to her memorial service. Her mother, Haleema, said, "I would like everyone to know that she was a Muslim, she is a Muslim and we are victims too, of this tragic incident.”

I didn't youtube it but I heard about it acouple months ago. Big debate about freedom of religon...I say hogwash, sometimes you just have to draw the line. It should not be built there IMO end of story. I think it's a stab in the heart to everyone who has lost someone on 9-11, it is a stab in the heart of America.

I think it's a stab in the heart to everyone who has lost someone on 9-11, it is a stab in the heart of America.
Lets get this right...it's a stab in the heart of christian America..right? Because Muslim AMERICAN's died that day also because of some radical nutcases. So let's not forget what this is about...this is about

TWO RELIGIONS HATING EACH OTHER simply based on the others RELIGION.

Lets get this right...it's a stab in the heart of christian America..right? Because Muslim AMERICAN's died that day also because of some radical nutcases. So let's not forget what this is about...this is about
Well in my eyes, there is no christian americans, muslim american, african americans...it's just americans!

I'm sure Berlin would love a big huge ole monument honoring Hitler...

While they are building a mosque, why don't they just put the headquarters of the KKK there or perhaps even the black panthers. Call me a bigot if you want, I don't really give a crap!

WOW ! Have you ever heard of the word BIGOT
WOW...right back atcha...that was a bit uncalled for.

Why on earth should any religious building put there at all??

Why not leave it as it is now...a monument to ALL LIVES LOST?

Do you not think for one moment that the extremests would not think this a "feather in their cap"...think about it before slamming me for being what I am not. There are Muslems protesting this as well as Christians, Jews and pepole of many religions...so I suppose they too are bigots? Hmmm...seems they must be...they must just sooo hate themselves??

This is sooo not about "Two religions hating each other", it is about RESPECT.

The mosque isn't part of the monument.

Seriously stop and think about it for a moment...."There are Muslems protesting this as well as Christians, Jews and pepole of many religions". It's always religions vs. religions. There is very little tolerance. Lets be real here - if they were building a christian church there wouldn't be an uproar. There was no uproar when someone stuck a cross at ground zero ! For hundreds and hundreds of years there has been violence and death between the "christian" west and the "Muslim" east. American men and women are dying in their thousands right now because of a religious war. I think the fact that people don't want a mosque near ground zero is just a continuance. They can't separate peaceful, kind loving people wanting to worship from the deep underlying hatred and suspicion that constantly pits one side against the other. In reality there should be no offense in any group wanting to worship - I mean what could be more (and I say this tongue in cheek) peaceful and loving...but there IS - these posts prove that.

TWO RELIGIONS HATING EACH OTHER simply based on the others RELIGION.
Not sure how I feel about any religious building being put there but the above quote..

well Welcome to America.. where we have many wonderful things worth fighting for and many brave men and women who fight for it every day and yet we also have people hated and killed on a daily basis due to regligion- color of skin - sexual orientation

It has always sort of confused me how such a wonderful country who has done so much to fight for and made ultimate sacrafices for freedom can be so complacent to what is going on in our own backyard

Why on earth should any religious building put there at all??

This is sooo not about "Two religions hating each other", it is about RESPECT.
This says it all...it is not about respect. Just stop and think about what you're saying..."Why on earth should any religious building put there at all". I think you covered EXACTLY what I was saying. If the Bank of America was putting up a branch office ? If Starbucks were opening a coffee shop? If Hallmark were opening a card shop ? BUT it's a "religious" building OH!! A religious building. Case close
default_yes.gif

The new mosque isnt at ground zero, it is in the neighborhood, but not at. Might help to get the facts correct before forming an opinion as the opinion may be different.

I say, so what!!???!!! To hold an entire peoples accountable for the acts of some world class morons is, well, its bigotry. On that line of thinking, do they then ban any new Christian places near Oklahoma city since the bombers were Christian? Do they ban anything Japanese in Hawaii?? Near as I can tell, 'we' caucasians only hold those accountable, that look different than us. We interred Asians after Pearl but we did nothing to the Germans or Italians living here. We dont denounce the Irish ( IRA ), we dont ban the English ( revolutionary war) its just us against those that look different. In a word, bigotry. My father in laws first name was Adolf , yet I dont hold him accountable for WWII. Hubby is also of split descent, Irish/German, I dont assume he is a Nazi nor a member of the IRA.

I totally and completely get what happened on 9/11, I lost a friend in it. But I refuse to allow my feelings for those radical idiots, to cloud my opinion of an entire peoples. I am better than that. I think the world would be a better place if we all tried to see things from other points of view. And NOT the view of the radical idiots, but the view of the innocents who are being portrayed as such, or at least being assumed that they are such.

The new mosque isnt at ground zero, it is in the neighborhood, but not at. Might help to get the facts correct before forming an opinion as the opinion may be different.

I say, so what!!???!!! To hold an entire peoples accountable for the acts of some world class morons is, well, its bigotry. On that line of thinking, do they then ban any new Christian places near Oklahoma city since the bombers were Christian? Do they ban anything Japanese in Hawaii?? Near as I can tell, 'we' caucasians only hold those accountable, that look different than us. We interred Asians after Pearl but we did nothing to the Germans or Italians living here. We dont denounce the Irish ( IRA ), we dont ban the English ( revolutionary war) its just us against those that look different. In a word, bigotry. My father in laws first name was Adolf , yet I dont hold him accountable for WWII. Hubby is also of split descent, Irish/German, I dont assume he is a Nazi nor a member of the IRA.

I totally and completely get what happened on 9/11, I lost a friend in it. But I refuse to allow my feelings for those radical idiots, to cloud my opinion of an entire peoples. I am better than that. I think the world would be a better place if we all tried to see things from other points of view. And NOT the view of the radical idiots, but the view of the innocents who are being portrayed as such, or at least being assumed that they are such.
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

YOU are what America should be about.

I thought we were founded on freedom to practice the religion of our choice (or not) Obviously the "freedom" is only if it's the religion of choice and the "practice" is only in the place we allow.

default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

YOU are what America should be about.

I thought we were founded on freedom to practice the religion of our choice (or not) Obviously the "freedom" is only if it's the religion of choice and the "practice" is only in the place we allow.

We were technically founded 'One nation under GOD' with the freedom to practice any religon. And I still don't think it belongs there! I get so tired of people always so concerned with being politically correct...they forget about the ideals of what this country was founded on....they can build the mosque anywhere (and I know it's not right on top of ground zero)...why there? To create controversy is all...to yet divide more people.

This says it all...it is not about respect. Just stop and think about what you're saying..."Why on earth should any religious building put there at all". I think you covered EXACTLY what I was saying. If the Bank of America was putting up a branch office ? If Starbucks were opening a coffee shop? If Hallmark were opening a card shop ? BUT it's a "religious" building OH!! A religious building. Case close
default_yes.gif
No, NOT "case closed" at all.

Do you not think for one second that there won't be terrorist funds going into this building? Come on now...do you SERIOUSLY think they would miss this opportunity? I am not a religious person, not of any faith persay...and find it objective. And no, I don't get into the "Shrine thing" either, of any particular group...I simply find it repugnant to think of EVEN ONE extemest having a chance to "get off" on entering that building to "give thanks" to whatever higher being he beleives in.

To create controversy is all...to yet divide more people.
I think your own words speak volumes. Why would someone else's faith cause division. Unless...!
default_smile.png
(that's a rhetorical question...it's to be thought about not answered)

Do you not think for one second that there won't be terrorist funds going into this building?
So, ahead of time with no proof other than the religion being practiced - you have decided that it will be funded by terrorists. That prejudgment is exactly what the quotes in italics on my very first post is all about.

I guess the same could be said for you...I don't divide people who are legal citizens here...I don't believe it should be christian american, muslim americans, african american, irish american...and the list goes on....people divide themselves on their own without the help of others....I am an American...I don't divide myself with religious or racial explanations. No one needs to know I am a sweedish indian french canadian irish heterosexual christian female american....try putting that on a census form.

I think.. no religion should put any building up near the site. No race is better than the other, same with religion. I don't care what color or what ever a person is.

What should happen is a Non denomination, no race Monument should be put up by a neutral party.

When calling upon the founding fathers, one needs to remember that Thomas Jefferson, the one who wrote the Declaration of Independence, thought that the idea of a Christian faith was rather absurd.

I do have a question about religion then. Since people are stating that terrorist funds will go to this building, without proof at that, then I guess those who give $$ to Catholic churches are condoning child molestation? Just a thought. ( and NO, I dont think that, I am just using that line of thinking on another religion)

When you hold an entire religion or peoples responsible for some loonies doings, you create a self fullfilling prophecy. You MAKE that which you are trying to avoid.

We were technically founded 'One nation under GOD'
It's interesting that the pledge of allegiance was not written until 1892 but the words "under god" weren't added until 1954.

Pepipony is also quite correct in pointing out that the founding fathers were far from christian.

John Adams, the second president of the United States, spoke so well when he said ""This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." I don't think this could be better illustrated than the subject and contents of this thread.

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

Latest posts

Back