Has anyone every had the milk test strips read ..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wc minis

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had the 5 in 1 test strips read that the mare is not ready and if the mare foaled? I have a mare here and she is sneaky....340 days along I believe, and she is acting so ready to foal, but she has a small bag. 10 days ago, she had nothing in her udder, than all the sudden, it was plentiful, milky color, but watery. Now it doesnt seem as plentiful, but I can still get enough to test, and she is always testing at 8.4 and calcium has been at 200 for about a week. Her milk is still watery, but when I touch my fingers together, it is starting to get somewhat sticky. She is getting a little soft in the rear too. Last year, this mare foaled at 342 days, and she was sneaky and I missed it. She gave me NO indication that she was going to foal, so I had to leave, and that is when she foaled. Anyone who has any thoughts would be great
default_biggrin.png
Thanks

Their milk can change really fast, so yes, a mare can foal when the test strips say she isn't ready, especially if it's been hours since she was tested. Sounds like yours is pretty close (and VERY sneaky, lol) Good luck!

Thanks Magic, no foal yet, we are anxiously waiting

Latest posts

Back