Has anyone ever had this with their knee?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betsy

Reaction score
I went to the MRI place and got the cd of my MRI and they told me pretty much in a letter this is what

I have, so I was kinda curious if anyone else had this?

What is bursitis?

A bursa is a closed fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body. "Bursae" is plural for "bursa." The major bursae are located adjacent to the tendons near the large joints, such as the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. When the bursa becomes inflamed, the condition is known as "bursitis." Most commonly, bursitis is caused by local soft tissue trauma or strain injury, and there is no infection (aseptic bursitis). On rare occasions, the bursa can become infected with bacteria. This condition is called septic bursitis.

**added note**

My sister says this is why my knee is always hurting, I take 2 aleve in the morning and 2 at night.

it seems to help some,but my knee still hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK-so if it's inflamed, any idea what is causing the inflammation? ie injury, arthritis, foot condition etc?

I battled sore knees for years before I found out they were a side effect of something else

Have it on occassion in my right hip.....way less than a comfy thing to have.

Just dang annoying...... I put heat on it when it flare's up and that helps

get it moving more smoothly.

YES! I have bursitis in my right knee - pes anserine bursitis to be exact. A couple of years ago it was really bad - the shooting pain would take my breath away. After I lost weight it lessened. Now it comes and goes and is not always excruciatingly painful... but on the bad days applying an ice pack a few times during the day helps - along with the Aleve or Ibuprofen. Also - if you sleep on your side having a cushion between your knees/thighs seems to help with alignment.

As I am on my feet all day, I also make sure to buy walking shoes/sneakers with lots of support as opposed to the flatter ones I used to wear.

That is what has been working for me - I would definitely do the ice packs. Did they not give you any treatment advice?
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back