Has any of you ever dosed yourself with Ivermectin ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would never put invermectin in my mouth...that dude is nuts! The human body does have worms...some are which are beneficial and needed, some that are not. I won't give it to my dogs either, my personal choice...it is too hard to dose for one thing. I would not even give paste wormer ivermectin to my goats...again too hard to dose.

Aussies are a breed that can be ivermectin sensitive. I believe it's refered to as the MR-1 gene and now has a test for it. Not all aussies are sensitive to it and if your dog has ever had heartguard and such it's not sensitive to it as that is what heartguard is (ivermectin) and even a LITTLE bit would set it off if your dog had the defective MR-1 gene. I do worm all my dogs with horse wormer (after consulting with my vet). I have figured out the dosing and it's only about the size of a pea. be VERY careful dosing with it because you can easily overdose a dog if you give it too much. As with horses there is a large leeway for "overdose" but if your using horse tube wormer you can EASILY way overdose. I did accidently do that after the plunger lock on the syringe failed. $400 vet bill later i do have a healthy dog but i now make sure it's in a completely different despensing system. You really SHOULD talk to your vet before doing it yourself. figure out PROPER dosaging!

All this talk about worms in humans...
default_smileypuke.gif

(Glad I already ate dinner.
default_rolleyes.gif
)

Latest posts

Back