Harnessing on youtube

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrat

Reaction score
I found these today 5 part harnessing/driving you tube videos. I found them very interesting and some good info. ~ well, I've only watched the 1st one then I wanted to come tell everyone here.

now I'll go watch the rest of them.
default_laugh.png

Edited to add: These are very good for learning the harness parts and tells about different types of harness proper fitting, etc. I'm sure there are things some do differently, but these are still very good. And a great visual!

Grab a snack and enjoy!
default_laugh.png

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ManuelCat

:DOH! What a dummy~ Sorry I forgot the link! :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had those saved to my favorites for awhile but forgot to go back and actually watch them! Here's a link to the first one.

Leia

Hey thanks for posting, very informative and I learnt alot. It filled in alot of gaps I have in my knowlege about correctly fitting a harness. I must say though I did shudder a little when she completely removed the ponys halter when putting its bridle on, instead of just undoing the nose strap and sliding the halter back.
default_smile.png

I must say though I did shudder a little when she completely removed the ponys halter when putting its bridle on, instead of just undoing the nose strap and sliding the halter back.
default_smile.png
Here in Ohio, I had never even seen a buckle nose halter except online, so thats how I've always done it. BUT I did notice that too and thought "humm isn't that the whole purpose of having a buckle on the nose?"
default_wacko.png

Your all Welcome!
default_biggrin.png

I'm always happy to pass along good info.

The same way the Brits shudder when some Americans (okay, some mini drivers) take their bridles off while they're still hitched! That's a big no-no for the same reason you aren't supposed to unhalter them completely. You don't want them getting away with the cart attached....

Leia

Yeah, I'm pleased most halters here in NZ have nose buckles (with a small exception I presume). And the thought of some people doing that with a cart on! I just couldn't risk it, all it takes is a split second.........
default_new_shocked.gif

*Oh I just want to quickly add, that I'm not nit picking or anything, the videos are fantastic and taught me alot, it was just a little something I noticed that gave me a bit of a jolt, and I just thought I'd mention it. *

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back