Harness Lining Options

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrdh

Reaction score
I hate the thick, fuzzy, and hot removable pads that are so common under mini's breast collars, saddles and girths, but since I cross country my mini I feel that I need something to ensure that he isn't getting rubbed. I don't want bulky or hot materials, though. My harness is fine for a show, just as it is, but probably not for pulling me up hills or two hour drives.

Other than buying a new Zilco or Comfy Fit or Smuckers harness, what are my options for padding or lining the breast collar, for example. Something that is washable, I think.

Has anyone tried moleskin?

What could I ask my saddle maker to do for me to improve my harness?

I just purchased the waffle back pad for my training harness bc I have one of those thick aweful fleece ones as well, this one isnt quite as thick but its thicker then the show pads that are extremely thin. I like it because its made of neoprene and easy to clean. They have them at Star Lake Tack http://www.starlakefarm.com/harnessaccess.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased the same one as MiniNHF last spring and used it all this past year and have LOVED it. More importantly, my gelding seemed to really appreciate it as well. I strongly recommend it.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back