Harness Care

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGahr

Reaction score
Never owning a harness previously I would like to know what to look for in a harness bag. I do not see many available at various tack web sites and am always nervous about purchasing on ebay--harness is a

big investment for me so I want to take proper care of it. Any suggestions out there? Thank you.

I have a great harness bag, from Mini Express http://www.miniexpress.com

Fleecy lined, and strong. Provides great protection for my harness
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For my work / biothane harnesses, I just use quilted bridle bags.

For my Lutke, I have one that is fur lined and zips around frome Estate Horse Supply and it's a very nice bag.

Additionally, all my harness bags are purple :bgrin
default_wink.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I use plastic totes. The ones I use are about 9" tall. This prevents the harnesses from getting smashed or flattened. Plus it's easy to put everything in in a hurry if necessary, and to find things. Pls they clean up easily. They come in various colors and are faily inexpensive.

I have the Kensington harness bag from Ozark. I love it!!
default_wub.png
: I like that you can hook it to hang and when you open it up everything is laid out nicely side by side. :bgrin

Just wanted to add that the second Ozark link that Leanna gave you shows a nice pic of the bag.

I am with Ruffian. I use Rubbermaid containers/totes. They are easy to stack and store, fairly water/rodent proof, and the harness cannot get smashed. Plus, I can keep driving "extras" in there such as roadster boots, a canister of leather cleaner wipes, ribbons for braiding in Roadster or Pleasure classes, extra harness pieces like martingales or checkreins...

Andrea

Haven't tried the containers yet but thats a very good idea..we have each harness in it's own fleeze lined harness bag at the bottom there is lots of room left over for small items like wipes clothes and any extra pieces. The last Lutke we bought came with a unlined harness bag and has 2 velcroed pockets on the front outside but really prefer the fleeze ones better. The harness just seems more cozy in there... :bgrin

I just use a small suitcase with wheels and a pop up handle, it holds my harness very well without damaging it

I have a fleece lined harness bag, forget where it's from. The only problem I have with it is that the way it's designed, the pieces of harness all sort of just fall to the bottom. There are straps to seperate and hold them up, but no way to adjust them so that they are tighter.

So look for a bag that has adjustable straps!

Latest posts

Back