Hardshipping AMHA 2008 foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie

Reaction score
I think I know that they are closing the hardshipping AMHA registry in 2013. My question is I have a filly born 4-25-08 from my AMHA/AMHR stallion and AMHR only mare. She is going to stay very tiny. Do you think I will have time to hardship her in at age 5 in 2013, or does it take effect 1-1-2013? I know she has to be 5 before I can hardship her. The answer I get is going to determine whether I keep her or sell her this year. Thanks in advance for anyone who knows for sure.

All birthdays are Jan1 so no matter when in 2008 she/he was born they will be able to be hardshipped in 2013...BUT then again l could be wrong
default_biggrin.png

If the mare is 5 now, why not hardship her into AMHA and you can register her foal now for half the hardship fee and have two AMHA mares.

Minimomnc~ Maybe the mare is over 34". If not that is what I would do too. Hardship the mare then not worry about it.
default_yes.gif

The mare is 36.5". But she always puts down a baby that stays under 31". This baby is no different. This is a filly that is outstanding and I would really like to have her in AMHA down the road, not just AMHR.

AMHA voted for 2013 so that any foal born in the year 2008 could be hardshipped in. If the foal is born 12/31/08 it can still be hardshipped in, in the year 2013. If it is born 1/1/09 then it is too late to hardship it in.

In otherwords, as long as the foal is born in 2008, you will be able to hardship it in as long as it is 34" or under.

Back