Happy to Introduce Prince

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
I just picked this little guy up this afternoon. I was looking for a completely trained cart mini. I can't wait to hitch him up and take him for a go! If anyone knows anything about him, I'd love to hear it! AMHR # 224561A

These pictures were taken straight off the trailer. I wanted him to stretch his legs after being in a trailer for 4 hours. This field was the only ice free area he has been in in a long time. He loved it. Oh and the halter doesn't fit him but that's what he came with. He is halter free now that he is in his only paddock.

Feb17002.jpg

Feb17010.jpg

Feb17005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Prefix Sunfire, I believe he was bred by Judy Baker, now remarried as Judy Newton? She is a member here on the forum and hopefully she will be able to share more. In the mean time, Congratulations on your new boy!!

I looked for a member with the name Judy Newton and couldnt find anyone. What user name does she go by or do you have contact info for her.

Congradulations on your new boy! I am sure you will have alot of fun driving him!

I'm with Desiree, with that prefix I would think Judy bred him as well. Her forum

name is Sunny.

I'm not very good with names, so I do appologize for that. Judy is Sunny on the forum, and now goes by Judy Neville. Judy used to live here in Ontario and was a wonderful trainer/breeder/judge and a good friend. Life changes took her to Ohio, so I know I don't talk to her as much as I'd like, but she does have a world of knowledge with the minis and i'm sure she would love to hear from you if Prince was once her baby! I hope that helps.

I just want to let her know that he is ok and happy. Provide her with some new pictures. I think that it's nice hearing about where the babies are that you bred and raised. Any time I get a new horse I always try and track down the past owners/breeders and give updates.

Well it turns out that I have found the second owners of my new little guy. I was talking to them today on the phone and they were telling me how much have loved him. They used to show him in halter and driving classes for the 2 years that they had him. The wife used him a lot in the ladies pleasure classes (might have the class name wrong) and that she placed and won lots with him. The husband use to drive him in a 6 and 8 point hitch. He was the left lead for him. The most important thing that I got from them today was that he is very safe and great to drive! I have no ambitions of showing but drive I can't wait to do!

Hello! Here I am! Yes, I am the breeder of Prince. His dam, "Sunny", whose name I borrowed for the Forum, was one of our first two mini mares, and we showed her extensively for a couple of years. She was a wonderful little driving horse, too. Prince's sire was our very first mini, and he was also a very successful show horse in halter and driving. Prince went to Walter and Mary's a few years ago and, as you saw in the photo, was part of their hitch. I've had very little contact with them lately so I don't know anything about his show career with them, but they probably filled you in, anyway. I haven't seen him in years, but he looks great in your photos. Looks just like his dam, actually. I doubt that I have any photos of him but, if I do, they're probably packed away since I now live in Ohio.

I hope you have lots of fun with him, and I look forward to seeing more photos of him.

Thank you so much for the update. I really appreciate it!

Well Prince is settling in well. He is enjoying his new stall. I am goingto bring him in today and fit him for his harness so that I can start ground driving him for a few weeks to get use to the place. He has had a few months off over the winter so needs to get going again. I have talked with Mary and Walter and they sent along a couple pictures of him showing. Mary used him as her under horse in the Ladies classes. I'm not really sure what that means because I'm just a backyard pleasure driver. lol

This is him on the way to the classes.

driving.jpg

And this is him waiting at the end of the class. He is with the girl in pink.

showingincart.jpg

Very nice! Sounds like he has had a great life. Congrats on finding this little jewel!

Thanks!

I brought him in and he fits the A size harness that I have so watch out good weather, Ground driving is starting!

Latest posts

Back