HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!!!

It is Monday again and the weekend is history. I really need to get on the stick with this diet thing because I have been very slack. The problem for me is that I just like food. It is not any one particular food that gets me, it is any food that is in front of me. I find it very hard to just have one or two bites (make that near impossible) of anything.

Well, I will keep moving forward in this journey to a healthier me--one way or another. I just have to keep telling myself that I am worth the effort.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. Maybe nicer spring weather will help. So, Happy Monday to all of you.

Angie

I'm the same way. Food is my best friend...and worst enemy. I didn't think I did too bad this weekend but I must have because the scale says I've gained back half of what I lost (must have been the Easter candy!). It's one step forward, two steps back.

Today is te beginning of a new week, and my spring break (10 whole days of not working) is over. I am jumping back into my self control with both feet!

Good luck everyone!

I third that! LOL! I love food! I have done amazingly well considering how bad(emotionally) these last few weeks have been. I usually use food as a big crutch but I think my heart hurt to bad to eat much. On an up note my pants are fitting better!!! LOL! As I said I'm a 2 week girl and what I do now will affect my weight in about 2 weeks. So I'll just keep on the lower intake of food and go from there, I have already done it for a few so why not just continue.

I wish you all a wonderful, productive week!!!

Happy Monday!!!!

That's great news! Sometimes clothes fitting better is more rewarding then actually seeing the scale go down. At least you can actually "feel" a difference.
default_smile.png

I am cooking veggies for my husband's and my's lunches this week. I'm forcing him to do this with me. Lol. I had him buy fruit today, (which I am NOT a fruit person) so we're both making adjustments. I even added tomato and onion to my hamburger for dinner (not my favorite compromise). I'm pre-making our lunches, and we'll be eating fruit for dessert (with the occasional sweets - but not TOO often. Lol).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I kind of blew it today. Spring has been awful, our yard, barns and more are flooding; our driveway is flowing over, county roads are flowing over. My quick trip to town for feed and groceries turned into a 9 hour adventure, by the time I agreed to take my MIL to a drs appointmnent another 60 miles past where I was getting feed, so... I picked up a piece of cake at Albertsons for my dessert (a single piece is kind of spendy, but better than making and eating a whole cake). My pick-up is parked on the other end of the flooded driveway, hubby came and got me with the tractor, loaded feed and groceries in the bucket crossed the high and wide water, unloaded groceries at the house, parked tractor in shop with feed still in bucket for morning unloading.

When your out and about all day it's hard not to blow it! LOL! Tomorrow is going to be Burger King day, yep it's already planned so I'm going to enjoy and if they have something sweet I'm eating that too!!
default_yes.gif

I had broccoli chicken alfredo for lunch yesterday, it was so good. Shayne had already cooked his own supper by the time I got home, so I ate some of the potatoes and green beans he had made and then ate my cake, the cake was wonderful.

Here we are again and it is Monday. I am doing paperwork--not taxes, LOL, they kicked my butt--but stuff for our horse club because I am treasurer. I will get this figured out without eating all the junk food in the house if it kills me.

I did not do real good yesterday, but the three days before that were good and today looks good so far. Need to get out and exercise the horses and clip one or two. They are getting hot and rubbing their hair off so it is way past time. I just hate that it still gets cold so much, but have blankets to cover all of them--possibly twice--so no more excuses.

I hope you all have a great week. I will be back here for sure on Friday to let you all know how the week went.

Angie

Happy Monday!! Today is good, yesterday really bad. But i have toget out of this funk for things to get better. Tomorrows another day with a new beginning so thats something to look forward too!

I wish you all good luck! And fingers crossed for progress!

OK so I missed Monday, but happy Tuesday everyone! Last week was hectic; I missed hearing from you guys.
default_smile.png
It sounds like spring is derailing a lot of us--myself included! I spent Fri-Sun at a (big horse) horse show and my diet and workouts went right out the window! We didn't leave the show barn until nearly midnight Friday...and we were back at 6:30 the next morning. I was packing in the food just to stay on my feet! Showed Saturday and made it back to the hotel around 11 that night. At least we did a lot of walking.
default_rolleyes.gif
We packed up and left after the halter classes on Sunday and was too tired to exercise after I got home and unpacked the trailer! We took home a first, two seconds and a fourth in color class so it was worth it.
default_firstprize.gif
I'm not sure what my excuse was yesterday, but I sat that one out too--I haven't given up--I'm getting back to the routine tomorrow. Really!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, Sugarycharm, so glad to see you here. Horse shows are a hard place to eat well. I have learned to plan ahead. I usually will take things that are labeled very clearly what they will cost me (I use a sharpie pen). I work the weight watchers program so have to know what each item Is worth. I like things like rice krispie squares, cheese sticks and protein bars. I can usually keep going with fewer of these than a lot of other junk food. I plan my breakfast and lunch with sandwiches that have more protein than fat and carbs and try to have something with vegetables around dinner/suppertime. It is hard and I don't always succeed, but I usually spend a lot of time walking and on my feet so that does help also.

You and your horse look really good. I don't know what banding is, but I do know that almost anything required to get a horse ready for show, is work. We show miniatures.

Have a great rest of the week.

Angie

Angie, that sounds like a good horse show food plan. I was so worried about forgetting to pack some essential horse-item that it didn't occur to me to take anything for myself to eat!
default_eat.gif
I did try to stick with high-protein breakfast items and I stocked up on fruit from the hotel too, but we ate out for lunch and dinner which is my weakness--I have trouble picking the "healthier" choice if there is something on the menu I don't normally eat at home that I know I'll love!
default_rolleyes.gif

I have been toying with the idea of taking my mini mare to a couple of shows "just for fun" but it seems mini shows are soooo different. At stock horse breed shows, most people trim the horses' manes down to a few inches long and then "band" it into a zillion (OK, maybe just 40-50, I didn't count!) separate rubber bands to make it lie flat on their necks. Thank you for the compliment, by the way!
default_smile.png

On another note, I wanted to share my latest find for a low-cal dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth and isn't terribly unhealthy: flan! The box mix I've been using ("Congelli") is only 128 calories (plus the calories in the milk used to make it) to eat the whole package, and I usually portion it as 4 servings. I think it's my new favorite summer dessert as it's cool, sweet, satisfying and doesn't make me feel too guilty for eating it! Have any of you tried flan, and if so, do you like it?

Great Ideas Angie!!!

SugaryCharm, What a beautiful horse! I see why you guys placed so good! And nope never had flan! What is it?

Thanks Jacks!
default_smile.png
Flan is basically vanilla custard with a caramel-ish topping. You can get it at a lot of Mexican restaurants but the taste varies widely depending on how they make it. If you'd like to try making it yourself, the box mixes are normally with the Jello at the grocery store (or sometimes in the ethnic cooking section). Have a great week!

I know what you mean about eating things when you go out that you cannot get at home. I do the same thing. I just try to eat a lot better the rest of the day. I know that doesn't always work either so I just start again the next day.

I will have to try the flan stuff sometime soon.

Good luck at shows this year.

Oh gosh guys, I've had such a terrible time lately, I have not been watching my diet at all. I started antibiotics last week and I'm lucky if I can stomach anything at all, much less healthy stuff. I haven't even been able to finish those tiny Banquet TV dinners, and I've been dehydrated because I'm having a hard time drinking more then 40oz a day. I almost think the sinus infection would be better then what I'm taking to fight it.
default_sad.png

Good luck everyone!

Oh gosh guys, I've had such a terrible time lately, I have not been watching my diet at all. I started antibiotics last week and I'm lucky if I can stomach anything at all, much less healthy stuff. I haven't even been able to finish those tiny Banquet TV dinners, and I've been dehydrated because I'm having a hard time drinking more then 40oz a day. I almost think the sinus infection would be better then what I'm taking to fight it.
default_sad.png

Good luck everyone!
I hope you start to feeling better very soon. Take care of yourself first and then work on the rest.

Happy Monday. The start of a new day, new week, new way of life. Got a late start today thanks to having horses out at 2:30 this morning. They went back in so easily that Dave and I were amazed. It seems to take forever to get back to sleep after an event like that so I sorta overslept.

Back on track today. Have a great week, everyone.

Back