HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannigirl

Reaction score
Hope you all are having a wonderful, amazing and super start to the new week. It is a new week, so it really does not matter what we did last week. We have been given another chance to have a great week.
default_xreiter.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Sorry I'm late for Monday but happy Tuesday to you!!!! LOL!

I'm with ya Sara! The stress has got to go! I have nothing sweet in the house(hubbys week off so he's eating everything in sight! LOL) and I make dinner around 4-5 so I'm good on the "after 6pm" that I'm trying. Hubby gets hungry around 7-8 but he can fend for him self that late in the evening! LOL!

Well, I still eat too much, but... We are snowed in so today alone, I walked the 1/2 mile to the mailbox and back, twice; over a large amount of snow, so not an easy trek. First trip out, shayne walked with me, and we picked up the supplies my in-laws picked up in town for us; so, 2 bags milk replacer, bag of dog food, box of groceries, shop item for Shayne and one more bulky item. Second trip was unplanned; UPS left a message that the left a package for me at hte mailbox, well I couldn't leave that out at the mailbox, so back I went (I was just oging to leave today's mail in the box til tomorrow, rather than two trips today, but so much for those plans). UPS driver's phone number was in our caller ID, so I called him and requested he leave future deliveries at my in-laws if he can't come down our drive. [i'm expecting 3 large shipments in the next 10 days, and I don't want to sled them down the hill.]

About time to go out and feed one orphan calf, then feed the horses, and then I think I'll just drop on the floor and not move for awhile. [Oops, guess I better make supper for hubby, and I might eat some if I have the energy.]

Yes, I do believe I'll sleep well tonight. Unless there is a calving emergency and shayne needs more help. I've been spoiled in the past, and really only need to do stuff during the day, and mostly just fixing bottles for orphans or slow to start calves, but this spring we've been super busy with calving. They are coming so fast and its chillier than usual, that we hardly have time to breathe between runs.

Today, we ran the first group of pairs across to the other pen (they outgrew the pen close to the calving barn), its always such a free for all, but so fun to watch the calves run.

How many cows do you have? I want a steer but my hubby says no.
default_sad.png
I haven't even been able to talk him into a mini one. Oh well...maybe some day. Lol. I've actually gained a couple pounds this week, but I'm pretty sure that I'm retaining some water. Not to mention, I made homemade almond roca last weekend, and I just can't stay away from it. Does it still count as dieting if I stay within my portion sizes, but I've added three more 'mini-meals'? Lol

Well, I still eat too much, but... We are snowed in so today alone, I walked the 1/2 mile to the mailbox and back, twice; over a large amount of snow, so not an easy trek. First trip out, shayne walked with me, and we picked up the supplies my in-laws picked up in town for us; so, 2 bags milk replacer, bag of dog food, box of groceries, shop item for Shayne and one more bulky item. Second trip was unplanned; UPS left a message that the left a package for me at hte mailbox, well I couldn't leave that out at the mailbox, so back I went (I was just oging to leave today's mail in the box til tomorrow, rather than two trips today, but so much for those plans). UPS driver's phone number was in our caller ID, so I called him and requested he leave future deliveries at my in-laws if he can't come down our drive. [i'm expecting 3 large shipments in the next 10 days, and I don't want to sled them down the hill.]

About time to go out and feed one orphan calf, then feed the horses, and then I think I'll just drop on the floor and not move for awhile. [Oops, guess I better make supper for hubby, and I might eat some if I have the energy.]
If you don't mind me asking, how many head of cattle do you have? Horses? Just curious!

I don't know how you do it! That's a LOAD of snow! Is it always like it is now? every year? Gosh your making me kinda like Michigan!! LOL!!

How many cows do you have? I want a steer but my hubby says no.
default_sad.png
I haven't even been able to talk him into a mini one. Oh well...maybe some day. Lol. I've actually gained a couple pounds this week, but I'm pretty sure that I'm retaining some water. Not to mention, I made homemade almond roca last weekend, and I just can't stay away from it. Does it still count as dieting if I stay within my portion sizes, but I've added three more 'mini-meals'? Lol
I asked the same thing! Sorry! LOL!

What is Almond Roca? The name sounds yummy!!! Sounds sweet like a dessert!!! (Yummmmmm dessert!!!!! hehehehe!) Yep woke up with a sweet tooth this morning!!!!!

Well, it is Wednesday and it has been a great week so far. I have been doing a lot better with keeping track of my points and getting in more movement in the form of getting some of this house cleaned up. This house is just like my health--a work in progress. As long as I keep moving in the right direction, they will both be perfect someday--well, better anyway.

Have a great rest of the week. You are all awesome and so totally worth the time you make for yourselves.

Glad to hear you're having a good week DanniGirl.
default_smile.png

Thunder, almond roca is almonds in toffee that is covered with chocolate and walnuts. It was my first attempt and it didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, but yet we can't stop eating it. Lol

We have about 200 head cows plus the bulls and now starting up with calving, so lots. I have 12 adult minis, 3 yearling minis and two saddle hroses plus Shayne's saddle horse.

No, its not always like this for snow and weather, but since we've been married (2002), we've had 3 or 4 similar winters in which for at least a short time we've been snowed in. Our first or second winter after getting married our road was snowed under from Dec 26 to March 26; the county did plow a lane through the neighbors field so we could get out, but now they aren't plowing private roads. [We parked a pick-up by the mailbox so at least we could go somewhere, once we walked out to the mailbox, if the lane was closed too.

Ooo Chanda, based on your post I can rule out Montana from the list of places I could live...
default_thud.gif
Snow that lasts more than a few days is too much snow for me!
default_laugh.png

Glad to hear that overall most of your weeks have been good. Mine has been...busy. Our mini mare foaled Saturday night so we have been spending a lot of time with the filly (spent Sunday wondering if she was ill, but she perked up Monday and seems normal now), plus I am trying to get my big mare legged up for a show next month...Insanity workouts take about an hour of our evening 6 days a week oh and I may have to make a short-notice trip across the state tonight for work. If I do that I'm not sure if I'll be driving back Friday night or staying gone through next week. So things have been a bit hectic.
default_whistling.gif
I took solace in a Big Mac and fries last night just to avoid having to cook anything.
default_unsure.png
Been doing Insanity workouts for 3 weeks now and my clothes seem to fit the same--kind of disappointing--though I do at least feel stronger.

Keep on truckin', everyone--it's all downhill from today!!
default_wink.png

There are other parts of MT that you could probably handle. I live in the far Northeast corner, and we aren't too far from the Canadian border, so its cold and snowy here. I went to college in Bozeman, its beautiful and while they get snow, they have much milder winters than here. I lived in Missoula while in junior high and high school, also beautiful, they get some snow, but also much milder winters than here.

Here we are again and it is Monday again. So many people hate to see Monday come, but for me, it is a brand new start. I hope you all had a very nice and love filled Easter. I also hope that you have a wonderful week ahead. My goal for this week is to move more. Not sure if I will walk, or exercise or dance, but I will move more.

Smiles to you all.

Angie

It was a good Easter, but also a food filled EAster. Big turkey dinner, and too many desserts to chose from, so I had a little of each.
default_whistling.gif

Oh man, I blew it soooo bad yesterday! There was so much food, and candy...not to mention I made virgin daquiries for everyone. Today is a good day to jump back in full force (I've been slacking the last week, even stopped weighing my portions). It's the first day of the week and month, this WILL be a better month with more control and motivation! Lol

I forgot to add, I've gained back 3.5 pounds of what I've lost. Which isn't too bad (I expect bumps along the way), but I know how easy it is to gain back the other seven. Gotta get a grip before I ruin my progress.

We can do this! Good luck everyone!

We didn't even participate in an organized Easter celebration (had to haul hay while the sun was shining), but I blew it yesterday also with Easter candy and junk food...can't resist the Reese's Eggs; somehow they are even better than regular Reese's! Hormones are not helping..argh!!
default_eat.gif
I feel like I could eat everything in sight, and then shop for more!
default_drool5.gif

As I roll through the house after eating all that food......... LOL! Yeah it was a holiday full of eating all the good stuff!!!! I got rid of most of the left overs today, sent it with hubby to eat tonight on midnights. Most of the candy went with him so just the Cadbury eggs are here
default_eat.gif
and my sons baskets which I won't touch. Those are his and what ever he don't eat I'll pitch. It was the ham and potatos that got me! I'm a sucker for cheezy potatos, pork and beans, ham, and mac salad!!! I'm still feeling it today!!! Bloated and just yucky, but you know I'd still probably eat it if it was here, glutton for punishment! LOL!

Happy (really really full) Monday!

Latest posts

Back